Chapter 16

Hermione POV

[The night of Halloween]

"Do you think it's too much?" I ask Ginny, smoothing my black cat dress. Ginny was laying on her bunk, head in her hands, smiling widely up at me.

"Are you kidding? You're absolutely adorable!" Ginny looked so excited for me, she was about to burst. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. The simple, yet poofy above-the-knee dress did flatter my shape. A cat-like face with pink whiskers was printed over my chest. Shaped to a point, the fabric covering my chest resembled the cat's ears. Light rosy pink blush and black kitty whiskers complimented my black and pink combat boots with lacy ribbons. Not exactly my style, but this is what you get when entrusting Luna and Ginny to put together a Halloween costume. Ginny got up and happily placed a simple cat-ear headband into my curled, flowing hair.

Squealing in delight, she hugged me and grasped my shoulders, "Draco isn't going to know what hit him tonight!" I roll my eyes and turn back to the mirror. She was dressed as an adorable cowgirl, completely blowing my outfit out of the water. "Remember, there is going to be a wild party in the Room of Requirement, if you and your date want to come," Ginny continues, winking.

"That's alright, Gin. Draco invited me to a private picnic, remember?" I laugh.

"I know, I know," She waves it off. "But if you get bored with that sappy stuff, Harry and I would welcome you into our little circle there."

"I'll think about it," I reply, to raise her hopes. Slipping my wand into my left boot, and I walk downstairs, feeling extremely self-conscious.

"Don't worry, you look hot," Ginny whispers behind me. Easy for her to say.

I quickly walk through the Common Room, only receiving one irritated-and-oddly-jealous look from Ron. Seriously, could that boy get any more annoying?

"Here goes nothing...," I whisper, heading towards the Black Lake.