Chapter 21

Hermione POV

I am jolted awake by the familiar clanking of the cell door. I expect more moldy food, but am taken aback by Lucius's hands gripping my wrist and yanking me upwards. I outwardly protest by shifting my weight to my lower body like a stubborn mule, but he is not having it. The impact of his iron like boots hitting my stomach is horrible. My insides twist around as I cry out from the pain, but that doesn't stop him from dragging me along behind him.
"Stupid mudblood," Lucius sneers, spitting on my head as I stumble along, trying not to upchuck what I actually did have in my stomach. The corridor is cold and damp, like my cell. Every twenty-five feet a torch is sloppily hammered onto the crumbling wall. If I ever slow down, Lucius yanks me toward him with unfathomable strength for his shape, and I try not to cry. This process repeats after several minutes and multiple twists of the corridor. Finally, we stop at door that is ajar, showing a sloping hallway leading up into the near darkness. Two torches are on either side of me and one chain with a manacle on it attached to the wall. Lucius lets me break free from his bony grasp and I glare up at his smug expression and rub my now-raw wrist.
"Why did you take me here?" I ask in my best non-I-highly-dislike-you tone. If i wanted answers, I had to play the nice guy.
Lucius scowls. "Its irrelevant at the moment, dear," he says as he picks up the spare manacles to slam it down onto my left and right wrist. "You'll see soon enough." He cackles and turns to admire a very out-of-place painting of a forest on the wall. I huff and to fumble with the chain.
A footstep echoing from the doorway causes me to jump. I hear Lucius's excited shuffling as he approaches me from behind. What is happening? A secret trade? An exchange of some sort?
I squint into the darkness and I am forced to stand again. I am worried. Very worried. Lucius senses my fear and pulls me toward him, so my back is pressed against his chest.
"Easy, mudblood. This is going to me quite entertaining," Lucius whispers. His breath raises goosebumps on my neck. He raises his arm to my throat and my breath catches. He gags me and has his wand is pressed under my chin as the other arm keeps me in place. I hold my breath, anticipating the blow I will take once the one Lucius is expecting emerges from the darkness. My anxiety builds as I stare into the doorway.
It is silent for a moment until my blonde headed knight stumbles into the light.