III

Lovebug • Jonas Brothers

"Finally found the missing part of me
Felt so close but you were far away
Left me without anything to say
Now I'm speechless, over the edge
I'm just breathless"

The party went on and Amora was still a bit excited and joyful from her dance with the handsome stranger but she held it together.

"Amora, darling! You're finally down, I saw you dancing with that man, how was it?" Arianne asked her daughter with a knowing look.

Amora blushed and her eyes sparkled. "Oh! It was wonderful ma, he was so gentle with me. I enjoyed myself. But do you know who that was? Chanel was making a big deal out of my dancing with him." Amora needed to know who the man was, her curiosity was getting the best of her.

Arianne smiled, she was very happy for her daughter, things were finally falling into place. "That's wonderful sweetie, I'm glad that he was a gentleman. And well, I think I should keep you in suspense, I won't tell you his name." She said with a wink, being suspenseful was one of Arianne's strong suits.

Amora groaned. "Really ma! Why do you have to be like this?"

Just as Arianne was about to give a hint, Robin appeared with a man.

"Amora, this is Valentine Harting! Arianne, you remember Valentine from our lunch in Santa Monica."

Robin's voice cut through, and his smile made Amora nervous. This Valentine was another, "my daughter can't get a boyfriend, so please help" guy. Valentine was an attractive Asian man, but Amora was still slightly enthralled by the man she danced with.

Valentine held his hand out and whipped out an extremely charming yet kind smile. Amora shook his hand and smiled back. "Amora, your father said that you were beautiful, but his words still didn't prepare me for you." Valentine was completely charming, a bit too much, but it was still nice to Amora.

"Thanks, you're too kind Mr. Harting. How do you know my father?" She asked curiously, also Valentine seemed a little strange to her, maybe it was the way his eyes roamed her body not so discreetly.

-

At the bar, Mel watched the interaction between Amora and the dark-haired man. He didn't like what he saw. The man was staring at Amora like she was a piece of meat to a starving wolf. Very disrespectful, but Mel could tell that Amora's parents didn't notice.

"Henry," He started gruffly. "Who's that man talking to Amora?" Mel decided that he would research the pervert.

Henry shrugged. "That my friend is Valentine Harting, he's an heir of MGM, he runs some smaller part of the business. He's a very demanding man, he gets everything that he wants." Henry spilled his information about the man, and Mel rolled his eyes for the hundredth time tonight.

"Interesting," Mel grunted.

He didn't like Valentine Harting.

-

"Well, of course, I've been doing it so long that I could do it in my sleep." Valentine bragged to Amora.

All he wanted to do was kiss her. Her lips were so pretty, and everything about her made him want to go crazy.

"You know, you're very beautiful." He said randomly, making Amora grimace. Well in his eyes it was a smile

"Thanks, again. Well, I should go find my sister. Nice talking to you, Mr. Harting." She said in a hurry, but Valentine grabbed her hands.

"It's Valentine." And with that, he kissed her cheek and walked away.

One step closer. Valentine thought with a smile.