XI

What You Mean To Me • Finding Neverland

"Every star that's ever fallen
Knows the way to where we're going
Now I really know just what you mean to me..."

The next morning came, and Amora was preparing a hearty soup for Mel. Dr. Puula told Amora everything she needed to know about caring for a sick person, so she was prepared for Mel's cranky behavior.

The soup was piping hot, which was perfect for a man with hypothermia. Amora sat the soup on Mel's bedside table, opened Wattpad, and started reading.

Thirty minutes passed, and Mel started shifting which made Amora put her phone down. "Ughhh." Mel groaned, his head was pounding and he felt like his body was on fire, yet it felt numb. He opened his eyes and saw a black-haired woman.

Mel started to have coughing fits, and Amora knew just what to do. She opened the medicine on his table and poured it on a spoon. "Mel, I'm going to place this spoon in your mouth, and I'm going to need you to swallow the medicine."

And Mel, even though he felt like crap, could swear that voice belonged to his angel, but he was sure that he was hallucinating. So he opened his mouth for the strange woman and swallowed the disgusting syrup.

"I've got some soup for you if you'd like." Dr. Puula said that Mel wouldn't be able to talk much, so Amora was gonna find a way to communicate with the sick man.

Mel was fading in and out, all he wanted was Amora right now, not some random lady who sounded like his Amora.

"S-soup." Mel stuttered out, his voice was raspy and it hurt to speak. Mel hated to look helpless, but the lady was there to help.

Amora gave Mel a look of sympathy, she wanted him to feel better. "I've got it right here, Mel. Open up." Mel's mouth slowly opened, and he wished that his arms weren't so weak.

After feeding Mel, Amora continued to read her book. Meanwhile, Mel was thinking about his angel. He missed her, and if he wasn't so sick, he'd go find her and apologize.

Time passed and night fell, Dr. Puula came in and did a check-up on Mel as he slept. Amora watched his every move just in case she needed to do something while he was gone.

"He's getting better, I checked his tonsils and the swelling has gone down considerably. He should be able to speak clearly without straining his throat tomorrow. Give him lots of water and soup, and be sure to put lots of vegetables in it, they're good for his body." Amora made a mental checklist and nodded her head.

"Thanks, Dr. Puula. I'll make sure to do everything. You have a good night." Dr. Puula waved bye to Amora and left.

A rolling bed was put in Mel's room for Amora, she wanted to be nearby just in case he needed her. Lying down on the bed, Amora finished reading her book and eventually fell asleep.

The next day, Amora overslept, but Mel was asleep anyway. Dr. Puula had already checked on Mel, and he was doing better. By two in the afternoon, Amora was in the kitchen whipping up a vegetable soup for Mel, he hadn't woken up yet, but she wanted to make sure that everything he needed was in the room with her.

Carrying the soup to his room, Amora was surprised to see that Mel was sitting up. Placing the soup on his table, she smiled awkwardly.

Mel looked towards his door, and it shocked him to see Amora. "When did you get here?" He asked in his normal indifferent tone, Amora was glad to hear it.

She raised a brow in confusion though. The realization hit her, Mel had no idea who was taking care of him. "Well, I've been taking care of you. I don't want to cause you to have a painful headache or anything, so I can leave."