VI

Weak • SWV

"Cause my heart starts beating triple time
With thoughts of loving you on my mind
I can't figure out just what to do
When the cause and cure is you"

Amora walked away from the set, and it seemed like with every step she took, her heart grew heavier as she remembered her morning with Mel.

It honestly confused her to no end, he was so kind and sweet before he snapped, but she knew that he was very rough around the edges.

As a professional, Amora knew how to push away her problems, and focus on her career, so she held up very well. But as soon as she was no longer Dianne, it hit her hard.

She was almost to the front door when Regina stopped her with a huge smile, and before Regina could catch onto her mood, Amora calmed down.

"I just have to say you were phenomenal! I knew that I was making a great decision when I chose you, but you blew me and everyone else away with your performance."

Amora smiled gratefully, but there was still a bit of sadness, shaking that thought away. "Thanks so much, I'm glad that you believed in me! You've given me such a great opportunity."

Regina loved Amora to pieces, not only for her pure and kind heart, but because she watched her grow up with so many privileges that other women like her don't get, but she still maintained a pure heart.

"I'm gonna let you go relax, and I'll talk to you later. We've got to discuss a few scenes." And with that, Regina was gone.

Amora wandered into the house and went to find Achilles. Hopefully, he could cheer her up. Of course, she didn't know that Mel has a serious talk with him earlier that morning.

Walking into the massive living room, Amora found herself getting sad again, she was very confused. Did I upset him? Or maybe he just hates me. Chanel was right, he is emotionally detached.

As it would happen, with her head in the clouds Amora tripped over a stray tennis shoe. And all at once, she braced herself for the fall without knowing that he would be there to catch her.

And right before she hit the ground, strong arms caught her. And just as her luck would have it, Amora knew just who it was by his scent.

Of course, he'd be the one to catch me, it's his fault I fell. She thought with a pout.

Amora tried not to look into those dark eyes that gave her butterflies every time she looked into them. "Thank you, Mr. Bailey."

Mel stared at her, and it made her nervous. She was completely sure that Mel would yell at her, or even curse her for being clumsy. But he never did.

"I'd never let you fall." A simple, yet meaningful statement.

Finally, Amora found herself gazing into Mel's mesmerizing eyes, and suddenly she forgot how to breathe. His eyes were so captivating Amora couldn't look away.

Mel's grip on Amora's waist became more secure, yet it was still gentle as if he didn't want to break her. He looked so conflicted to Amora, and all she wanted to do was hug him tightly, but she quickly remembered that morning.

Slowly she escaped his grip, and Mel could see how hurt Amora was. His heart quenched at the sight, his angel was hurt and he knew exactly why.

And even though he wasn't good with his own emotions, he could tell that Amora was sad, and he knew that he caused it.

"My angel, about this morning-"

Amora cut him off with an incredibly fake smile that had Mel raising an eyebrow. "It's fine! I was-" Mel gently grabbed Amora's waist again and held her close to him.