VII

No Scrubs • TLC

"So no, I don't want your number
No, I don't want to give you mine and
No, I don't want to meet you nowhere
No, I don't want none of your time"

Los Altos, CA

Three weeks later

"Robin, this deal is very important to me, and I'd like to have you with me when I sign the papers," Valentine said with a fake smile, all he wanted was to get close to Robin and seem like the perfect candidate for Amora.

Robin was touched, and Valentine continuously proved that he was right for Amora. In two months, or sooner if his plan worked, Amora would want to be with Valentine.

"I'd love to, son. You know, I wish that Amora was around, she'd like you. You're such a great young man."

A new plan formed in Valentine's head, and he knew that Robin would mindlessly comply with his wish. Robin wanted Valentine to be with Amora, and Valentine was very pleased with that.

"I've been meaning to tell you, I just recently invested in a winery in Santa Fe, and I'll be going down there on Friday to check it out some more." Of course, Valentine had an ulterior motive, everything he did had an ulterior motive.

Robin's eyes were glowing with happiness. "Well I'll be sure to let Amora know, she'd love to see a familiar face down there. I'll call her when I get home and let her know that a special visitor will be in Sante Fe, and I need her to show him around." Amora would finally be happy, Valentine was such a good man for her.

Looking at his Rolex watch, Valentine cursed under his breath. "Well, Robin I must be on my way. Tonight my parents want to have me over for dinner. I'll be sure to talk to you before I leave." And with that, he was on his way to his parent's house.

The dinner started at 6:30, and it was 6:15. Valentine was annoyed, his mother would nag his ears off for being late. But, arranging things for his future wife was more important than being on time.

Valentine hurried to his parent's house and prepared himself for the aggravating conversations. The clock struck 6:45, and he was finally knocking at the door.

"Tôi tới đây!" (I'm coming!) Valentine smiled at his mother's voice, though he was an entitled asshole, his family meant the world to him.

The door flung open, and there his beautiful mother stood. 5'2, dark graying hair, and beautiful as ever. His arms opened wide and he engulfed his petite mother.

"Mẹ, con đẹp quá!" (Mom, you look beautiful!) Valentine said in his mother's native tongue as he spun her around.

His mother, Mai Binh, smiled brightly at her son, but of course, she hated that he didn't inherit her punctuality. "Valentine, Sao lúc nào anh cũng trễ vậy?" (Valentine, why are you always so late?)

Valentine rolled his eyes as he put his mother down and walked to the dining room. "Ma, you know that I'm running a business. I was in a meeting."

Valentine's father, Timothee, got to business asking the question of the evening.

"So, any young ladies you're interested in? You're getting older, and we just want to know that you have someone." Timothee and Mai Binh were both very concerned that their youngest child would be lonely forever.

Valentine knew that his parents thought that he'd be single forever, of course, they didn't know that he would be marrying Amora within the next year.

"Ma, dad, you don't need to worry about me. As you both know, I'll be visiting the company in Santa Fe that I just bought stocks in. I'll also be working on wooing your future daughter-in-law. Her father set us up, and she's hot. We have this burning chemistry, so she'll be with me soon enough." Timothee raised a brow at his son, Valentine always went after what he wanted, which was fine, but it was just surprising that the father was setting his daughter up.