XII

More Than Words • Extreme

"Now I've tried to talk to you and make you understand
All you have to do is close your eyes
And just reach out your hands and touch me
Hold me close don't ever let me go
More than words is all I ever needed you to show
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know"

"Why such a pensive look? What's on your mind, angel?"

The couple still slightly buzzing from the Botanical Garden, sat at a cute restaurant called, Luminaria. After being seated, Mel noticed the lack of sound coming from a usual talkative Amora.

Amora shrugged, she was thinking of so much, but now that they were in public, all she could think of was their age difference. Before she could answer, a waiter showed up.

Flashing Amora a flirty smile, the man spoke. "Welcome to Luminaria, my name is Wilbur and I'll be your waiter this afternoon. Can I start you off with a drink?" Wilbur's eyes were glued to Amora, yet she didn't even notice.

Mel didn't like Wilbur at all, but he didn't want to make a scene by voicing his disdain, so he ordered his beverage. "I'll take the wine of the day." Amora looked up from her menu and glanced at Mel. "She'll have the same." Amora smiled, Mel knew her so well.

Wilbur took one last glance at Amora before he went to the kitchen to fix their drinks.

Mel took hold of Amora's hand that was lying on the table. "He's gone, now will you explain the look?"

"Well, it doesn't seem like much of a problem right now, but-" "Here's your wine, I'll give you both a minute to decide on your meal." Wilbur's sudden presence frightened Amora, and as he walked off, Amora noticed a note next to her chair.

'When you get tired of your old sugar daddy, give me a call sweet thing. ;) 505-334-1189 Wilbur Parker'

Tears welled up in Amora's eyes as she read the note, angrily she shoved it in Mel's face. "This! Is what I didn't want to happen! I-I can't believe it." Mel had never heard Amora sound angry, so he knew that it was a touchy subject.

Reading the note, Mel resisted rolling his eyes. If Mel was Amora's sugar daddy, why would she leave him for a waiter? That just didn't make sense to Mel, but instead of focusing on that, he focused on his angry little angel.

Mel got out of his chair and kneeled in front of his angel. "Don't cry sweetheart. I know that there's more to this, something else is bothering you so let me know."

Amora balled her hands in a fist and took a breath. "I didn't want something like this to happen. You shouldn't be called a rude name just because we're out together. We aren't hurting anyone by being together! And what if someone tells the press? They would say such terrible things! That could jeopardize your business!"

Mel didn't care at all, he knew what he was getting into by falling in love with a woman twenty-five years younger than him. The opinion of anyone other than Amora meant absolutely nothing to him.

"Listen to me, beautiful, the only opinion that matters to me is yours, but if you don't feel comfortable with us going out we can always do something at the ranch. My priority is to keep you happy, and right now you're not. We're leaving." Amora nodded her head and wiped her tears.

"Thank you, Mel," Amora murmured in Mel's chest as she hugged him tightly.

Of course, when they got back to the ranch, they'd have a longer conversation about that topic, but for now, Mel had to focus on getting Amora away from the public eye.