XVII

By Your Side • Sade

"When you're on the outside baby and you can't get in
I will show you, you're so much better than you know
When you're lost and you're alone and you can't get back again
I will find you darling and I will bring you home"

Two months later

"Give me a moody look," Amora's face instantly changed. "Perfect! Now I wanna see a bit of moody and enchanting." Amora complied making the photographer and director very pleased, as usual.

Her career had been going nonstop since coming back from her break, and while it was nice to get back to her regular schedule, doing the interviews had gotten a lot harder for her.

Every interview they'd ask her the famous question, "Any man in your life?", and every time she'd lie. Amora decided that keeping her relationship with Mel hidden from the public would be a great idea. But it left her feeling terribly guilty.

The lying was taking a toll on her mentally and physically, she hated the fact that she was afraid of what people thought, and even though Mel hadn't said anything, she knew that he would like to be with her at any time.

The lies had also taken a toll on her relationship with Mel, she unconsciously pushed him away because she felt so bad for keeping him a secret. She didn't understand how he could still love her, Amora sometimes found herself thinking that he could find someone better.

A few hours passed and the photo shoot was done, Amora was relieved that she could finally go back to her hotel room, it'd been a long day.

Riding home, Amora began to feel sick, usually, she felt a little bad after interviews, but this feeling was a lot worse than she'd ever felt. Opening the car door at the hotel, Amora rushed in and hurried to her room.

Leaning on the door of her room, Amora held her stomach, she felt queasy and she began to cry. Everything that happened over the past few months came tumbling down on Amora's heart.

She was all alone and sad, she needed Mel. But she was afraid that he wouldn't want to talk to her since she had been short with him the last few times they talked.

Amora contemplated calling Mel, she was in New York and he was in Santa Fe, she wondered if he would even answer.

Pushing away her negative thoughts, Amora wiped her tears, cleared her throat, and dialed Mel's number. The phone rang once before Mel answered.

"Hi, angel,"

Amora smiled at Mel's voice, she missed him so much.

"Hi, I just wanted to hear your voice."

Mel knew from the way her voice sounded there was a real reason why she called.

"Angel, have you been crying? What happened?"

Amora smiled sadly as she listened to the concern in Mel's voice, she wished that she could shout to the world that she loved him.

"I-i'm fine."

Mel almost called Amora out on her lie, he didn't get why she couldn't just be honest with him. He loved her and he wanted to take care of her.

"Amora," Mel said with a slight edge in his tone, there was some rustling and a door slam before Mel continued speaking. "I want you to tell me what's wrong. I know that you aren't being honest."

A new set of tears rushed down Amora's face, she needed Mel.

A sob erupted from Amora, making Mel tell his pilot to hurry. "I-i'm sorry, Mel," Amora couldn't stop crying, she felt so bad. "I-i wish t-that I could be like y-you,"