Chapter 24

Chapter 24: (Ryder's POV)

"Mia, I have literally tried everything. I tried to talk things out but you're giving me the silent treatment, I tried to take you to the park to lie under the stars and try to be all romantic and shit, hell, I even bought you ice cream and food since we didn't want to have pizza. You gladly ate the mcdonalds, but you're still giving me the silent treatment." I sighed in frustration as we walked around the block since I decided to park my car in my driveway but she still wasn't willing to stay at my place even though her aunt suggested that she does. 

She stayed silent as she walked ahead of me, with me trying to get her to listen to me. "Mia, I'm serious you can't just seal your mouth shut and expect me to make it up to you when you're still mad." I groaned as I grabbed her forearm, and forced her to come to a screeching halt and turn to face me. She stayed quiet and after a long pause, I had finally had enough and threw her over my shoulder as I carried her to my house and then up to my room. She really wanted to scream but of course she wouldn't. Not that easy. I put her down on my bed and hovered over her. "Mia. Listen to me!" I whined like a little kid who was on the verge of throwing a tantrum for not getting ice cream. "Talk to me!!!" I complained.

"Will you kiss me back if I were to kiss you right now?" I asked and when she didn't give me a response, I grabbed her face to hold it still, and crashed my lips on hers. She didn't kiss me back whether she wanted to or not. "Why aren't you kissing me?!" I whined like a child and groaned in frustration. "Fine." I sighed before I got off of her and sat down next to her. She grabbed her phone to go on it but quickly shrieked when I tickled her in her side. "What the hell are you doing?!" she blurted out while smacking me in the arm. "Oh so you're talking to me now?" I arched an eyebrow at her teasingly. She scoffed at my actions and got her phone again and tried to go on it but nope, I poked her side, tickling her again. "Stop." she said through gritted teeth. "Mia..." I sighed as I took her phone and placed it on my nightstand on my side of the bed. "I'm sorry I lied." I pleaded as I took her hand in mine and sat in front of her so I was facing her. "What did you think was going to happen, Ryder? I wasn't going to find out? I wasn't going to be mad? That saying sorry was going to fix everything?" she questioned.

"No Mia, of course not. I know saying sorry isn't going to fix everything, which is exactly why I'm not just leaving the situation as it is." I explained.

"Ryder, why don't we just talk about this tomorrow?" she pleaded as she glanced out of the window before turning back to me. "Mia, I'm not letting you sleep angry with me." I shook my head, disagreeing. "Ryder, I am not angry with you." she said as cupped my face. "I'm hurt." she finished before she tried to lie down, but I pulled her back up. "No. I am not letting you sleep in a sad, mad or any type of bad mood." I stated, holding my point, refusing to let the situation go.

"Please Mia. Let's just talk things out so that I can work on them tomorrow." I pleaded. She clicked her tongue in frustration before saying, "What? What do you want me to say? That I forgive you? That everything can go back to the way it was? Ryder whatever happens, things will never go back to the way they were." she snapped. I stayed silent processing what she said. Did she not want to be with me again? "I didn't mean it like that, Ryder." she paused. "I'm just scared." she admitted as she turned and looked out of my window. "I'll take the couch tonight." I mumbled before getting up to leave. But she grabbed my hand and pulled me back on the bed.

"You are not taking the couch. If you are then I'm leaving." she argued as she made me sit on my side of the bed and lied down. She was still holding my hand and wrapped it around her waist. "I love you, Mia. Like really, really love you. And this time I'm all in." I whispered when I thought she fell asleep, but boy did I think wrong. "I love you too, Ryder. And so am I." she spoke before she turned to face me. She quickly pecked my lips before closing her eyes with our hands held and falling asleep with me doing the same by her side.

x-X-x (The next morning)

I woke up to find the space beside me empty, and that took me by surprise since normally, I wake up before Mia does. "Morning." she smiled as I saw her coming out of my bathroom while she towel-dried her hair, in my shirt and her shorts. Did I give her my shirt or did she just take one? I will never understand why she loves my shirts and hoodies so much huh? "I hope you don't mind me taking a shirt I don't exactly have my clothes here right now." she blushed as she lied down next to me in bed.

"I kinda got used to you in my shirts." I breathed as I pulled her closer to me by her waist.

"I have to get home soon. My aunt called me up, she wants to meet me at the diner." she informed me as she played with my hair. "Go get changed. I'll pick you up in 20." I groaned, my voice raspy in the mornings as I kissed her cheek. "Are you going to be joining?" she asked as she drew patterns on my arm. "Do you want me to?" I asked as I opened my eyes completely. "Yes please." she paused before kissing my cheek and getting up. "Well, I'll be out then." she smiled before she grabbed her things and carefully went through her window, entering her room. Well then, I guess I should get up too. With that thought, I got up and out of bed and quickly showered. Once I finished getting ready, I went down to the kitchen to make Mia some breakfast because knowing her, she would be getting ready and forget to feed herself. I decided on making her a bowl of fruit salad. So basically, I threw in a bunch of berries and some pineapple and melon, cause that's her favorite fruit and also, can I just say- fruits are underrated.

I don't really eat breakfast anyway so I skipped it, per usual and then I hopped into my car, backing out of my driveway, and pulling into hers. I honked at her front door, which she clearly heard and came running out as she struggled to put her sneakers on. "Am I late?" she huffed as she jumped into the passenger seat. "Um- no?" I said but it came out more like a question. "Damn it. I knew I shouldn't have set the time on my clock ahead. I should have known it would trip me out." she clicked her tongue in frustration. "Breakfast for you my lady." I chuckled at her stupidity before handing her the bowl of fruits. "What if I already ate breakfast?" she questioned as I backed out of her driveway. "Knowing you, I can bet you didn't." I explained.

"And knowing you," she paused as popped a raspberry in her mouth. "You didn't either." she finished as she stabbed a piece of pineapple with a fork and stuffed in my mouth while I drove.

"This is supposed to be your breakfast. Not mine." I said after swallowing the fruit she stuffed in my mouth. "Well, I'm not letting you starve. Yes, I know we're going to a diner but still. Open." she said as she demanded me to open my mouth while she fed me as I drove, feeding herself in between bites.

She cares way too much for me.

Can I just remind everyone how precious pinky promises are?