Chapter 56

Chapter 56: (Mia's POV)

"Morning sleepy head." I sat up with my brows furrowed while the sun blinded me with my blanket wrapped around me and over my head. "What time is it?" I asked, my voice hoarse and raspy like Ryder's suggesting he didn't wake up too long ago and that I was in need of water. "Water's right there." he pointed to my nightstand where I chugged down the water before looking at him. And I mean looking at him. He was standing shirtless, facing his back towards me, oh my god his back, in grey sweats while he was- wait, what was he doing?

"What are you doing?" I asked as I checked my phone for the time, 9:35 in the morning. Well obviously it's in the morning hence the sun which is still blinding me.

"Going through your laundry." he turned to me and flashed a smile before turning around again, getting back to doing my laundry? "Huh?" I crawled out of bed still in my tank top and shorts, suddenly feeling the chill in my room at the loss of my blanket. I walked up and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind while resting the side of my face on his back. I'm so confused yet suddenly so comfortable and warm. This is what love does to you, kids.

"Your parents left early this morning and they've asked me to stay and be here with you as much as possible so you are not allowed to get out of my sight." he turned around to face me, making my face rest on his chest before pulled my chin up to face him and booped my nose.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, what the hell happened last night and why don't I remember? "You don't remember because you're too tired and you're too tired because we stayed up way too late." he explained. He knows me too well. Wait hold up, why the hell did we stay up too late? "We were making out." he said shamelessly. Correct me if I'm wrong but I threw in that kiss at around 10pm. "And when did we go to sleep?" I asked very fucking confused right now and my brain was hurting so that was not helping at all. 

"6 in the morning." he said, turning a faint shade of pink. 

"That long?!" I asked completely and utterly shocked. 8 fucking hours?! "I do faintly remember being too into it to go to sleep." I mumbled under my breath while I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "You think?" he raised his eyebrows at me before pulling me into the bathroom and placing me in front of the mirror where I noticed a bunch of hickeys on my neck and looked at him in the mirror to see a few on his. "My mom's gonna kill me" I groaned into my hands where I held my face. "Oh wait, she's not here, never mind." I looked up at him once I turned to face him. "Wanna repeat??" he smirked teasingly making me frantically shake my head.

"I'm running on three hours and thirty-five minutes of sleep right now." I turned around and grabbed my toothbrush. "I was kidding." he whispered in my ear, giving me chills. Ok, now I'm wide awake. My eyes widened, making him laugh before going back to going through my laundry.

Someone's feeling flirty today.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face before going into my closet, grabbing a fresh set of clothes to change into and then stepping out to see Ryder still in my bed, still shirtless, still in sweatpants, falling asleep. It's my time to shine baby. "Oh my god! Ryder! Ryder! Ryder!" I screamed pretty much on top of my lungs, making his snap his eyes open and look at me with panic in his eyes. "What- what happened?" he asked worriedly.

"I love you!" I screamed still sounding terrified, making him glare at me before I burst out laughing. "You are the devil's pawn." he sighed before he walked over to me and pinned me to the wall. "Hmm, if me finding things like that amusing means I'm the devil's pawn then fine, I'm the devil's pawn. It fun dancing with the devil anyway." I smirked cockily.

"You never told me it's fun to dance with me." he furrowed his brows in false confusion. Touche. "Well played." I chuckled while I looked up and into his eyes daringly. I caught his eyes flickering to my lips before they came to meet mine. "What am I gonna do with you?" he sighed as he mumbled under his breath. I'm not sure if I was supposed to hear that.

"Whatever I let you do with me." I shrugged casually before trying to get out of his grasp only for him to tighten his grip on my wrists. "What you did back there, was cruel." he said in a low voice. "Consider it payback for the hickeys." I said in a careless attitude, like they weren't important when they were. Every touch, moment, kiss, hickey, yes, even hickeys, it's all important. 

"Well then what do I get to do for my payback?" he cocked an eyebrow at me, with amusement dancing in his eyes. He knows this game too well. "Nothing. Compare your neck to mine please. Look at the difference. This is not enjoyable. It won't be enjoyable to cover up and hide either." I raised my eyebrows at him. "I can assure you that is not what you thought last night." he whispered, bringing his lips dangerously close to mine. "What did I think last night?" I asked, playing dumb and clueless. This situation is way too amusing and fun to be in for me to back out now.

"Want me to remind you?" he smirked, our lips almost touching. I just had to lean a little forward and we would kiss. "Hmm, maybe I do. Or..." I trailed off and just as he was about to close the distance between us, the doorbell rang. He seemed confused for a second before asking me, "Were you expecting someone?" he questioned while still holding me against the wall, pinning me down.

"Forgot to tell you, I'm babysitting today." I smirked while taking his shock as my opportunity to get out of there and answer the door. "Who are you babysitting?" he questioned while following me to the door. "Mrs Grim's grandson. He's just two years old." I informed him before opening the door and greeting Mrs Grim. "Hi there Mrs Grim, how's everything going?" I asked being as cheery as I could be while she stood there with her ever so friendly smile on her face.

"Everything's going great, doll. Thank you so much for babysitting him today. I see you've got company." she smiled. How did she know? Ryder went over to the kitchen before I answered the door. "How did you-" she cut me off when she gestured to her neck.

"It's a little noticeable, hun." she laughed a little, making me turn deep red and pull hair to hide my neck as much as possible. "Oh um- sorry I-" I stuttered, becoming a blushing and clumsy wreck. "Oh it's no big deal. Everyone's getting hickeys and love bites at your age." she smiled as she handed me her grandson. "And what's this little guy's name?" I asked, in desperate need to change the subject.

"Oh, his name's Liam." she told me as she handed the baby bag to Ryder who now stood beside me. "Oh you too." she said, suddenly sounding amused before pointing to her neck, making Ryder smack his arm over that spot and blush, before she started laughing.

"Have fun kids." she laughed before she left. 

She enjoyed humiliating us, way too much.

Now Liam here, has a one of a kind grandma doesn't he? 

.

.

.

.

.

If you know me, please skip my A/N. Or just, don't bring it up. Ever.

.

.

.

.

.

I don't think it's humanly possible to make out for that long without breaks. But in this world of teenage fiction, let's just say it is. Also, isn't Mrs Grim just amazing?