Chapter 27

Chapter 27: (Ryder's POV)

"Mia." I whispered. It was currently the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep. I wasn't sure if she was already asleep or not so naturally, I whispered her name. "Can't sleep?" she asked as she turned to face me knowingly. "Nope. Can you?" I asked even though clearly, she couldn't either since she was wide awake, "I'm up aren't I?" she said with a smile spreading wide on her face. "Let's do something." she suggested while I lied straight on my back.

"It's the middle of the night. We don't have too many options."I said, putting my hands on the back of my head. "So? Let's come up with options." she suggested as she lied down on top of me, her chin resting on my chest. "Do you have any in mind?" I asked as I ran my fingers through her hair, making her smile wider. "I'm sure we could think of something." she shrugged. "Hmm, I can." I smirked as she lied face first on my chest while I twisted strands of her hair. "What is it that you have in mind?" she looked up with a grin on her face. "A few things." I kissed the top of her head. "Hmm, then maybe I should just go to sleep." she lifted herself off of me and lied back down beside me. "No. Give me your attention! Kiss me!" I yelled loudly like a kid begging for attention, making her quickly slap her hand over my mouth.

"Shh, your mom is probably home and sleeping by now and you screamed loud enough to wake up the whole damn neighbourhood." she whisper yelled at me as I take her hand off my mouth and crack a smile. "She's at her boyfriend's house." I informed her as I turned to my side to face her. After a moment of silence, she spoke up. "Ryder, what if your dad was-" she started but I interrupted her. "Call him Shane, please." I said a little demandingly, only because I did not want to be associated with him at all. "What if Shane was actually here to help?" she asked as she sat up in bed, me doing the same. "Why are you thinking about that right now?" I questioned.

"Because I feel like I fucked up. I shouldn't have interrupted and said anything. What if I blew your shot at getting out of it?" she let out an exasperated sigh.

"Well then it doesn't matter because I was gonna kick him out of here anyway. Whether you interrupted and spoke up, or not. You didn't fuck anything up. I'm gonna get out of it in no time, I promise." I reassured her before pulling her in for a kiss. "I'm always worried, Ryder." she huffed. "Well, you see me everyday. So don't." I grabbed her hands and placed them around my neck. "Come here." I tugged on her arms, making her straddle me, giving me a chance to hug her tight. We pulled away and she just looked at me. I was looking into her eyes until she bit her lip, making me look at it, before looking back into her eyes.

"Don't look at me like-" she was saying but I kissed her, cutting her off before she could finish that sentence off. We pulled away after a moment. "You were saying?" I asked teasingly.

"Nothing. I was saying nothing." she breathed out before slapping my cheek playfully. "You know what I was gonna say. So don't." she gave me a pleading look, making me smile before nodding and saying. "I won't." I laughed. "I know I already love you, but what the hell is this next level shit? I am about to fall so hard in love with you." I shook my head while chuckling, making her smile wide, blush and look straight at me. "Stop it. You're not." she said as she used her hands to hide her face behind. "Yes I am. I know it. And you too have to be careful now, Mia Stewart. Because you are about to fall madly in love with me too." I spoke, making her look straight at me shyly. "Yeah, I probably am." she softly laughed. 

"Go to sleep, Ryder. I could use a few cuddles." she blushed before getting off of me and lying down, facing her back to me, while grabbing my hand and placing it over her waist, holding it close to herself. "I love you." I whispered in her ear. "I love you too." she kissed the back of my hand, before clutching it, both of us, dozing off.

x-X-x The Next Morning

I woke up to see her staring at me. Once she realized I had caught her, she quickly closed her eyes, trying to make it look like she was still sleeping. "Hello? Anyone in there?" I knocked on her forehead while a grin made its way to my face. "Let me sleep!" she groaned while she hid her face under a pillow, trying to hide her blush and smile. "Oh, I'm sorry was I disturbing you in my sleep?" I asked sarcastically as I began tickling her, making her squeal and quickly grab my wrists and turn to face me. "Don't!" she said demandingly.

"I love it when you get demanding." I laughed as I pulled her in and kissed her forehead.

"I should seriously go home. My parents have probably left by now anyway so feel free to hop along." she said as she hopped out of my bed and grabbed her phone before making her way to my window. "I'll be there in ten."I assured her before walking into my bathroom with a fresh set of clothes to change into after I shower. Once I showered and brushed my teeth, I got dressed, sprayed my cologne, and swung into her room, to find her bedroom empty and the sound of the shower running from her bathroom. I lied on her bed, waiting for her to come out and just as I closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh, she did. 

Now you see, usually she comes out of the shower in a towel. Don't ask how I know. But right now, she came out in a hoodie, my hoodie, and sweatpants, with a grumpy look on her face. "Can my kisses help?" I asked as I grabbed her wrist and pulled her down onto her bed with me. "Mother nature decided to pay a visit early." she groaned, clearly annoyed. "So my kisses can help?" I asked before I propped up on my elbows, hovering over her. "I don't know, can they?" she asked as she played with the strings of my black hoodie. "You tell me." I asked as I lied down beside her, and pulled her on top of me, having her rest her chin on my chest.

"They possibly could." she continued to fiddle with the hoodie strings with a grumpy pout on her face. "Alright then." I asked as I started peppering kisses all over her face, before her lips caught mine, and she began to kiss me. We kissed for a few moments before I pulled away. "If we kiss any longer, we won't be able to stop." I reminded her. Not that I mind, not being able to stop kissing her. Before she could say anything, my phone dinged. It was an email from my mom. Since when does she email me? When I opened the mail, I saw a forwarded mail that our principal sent her, informing all parents that the school will be closed for another month due to construction being incomplete in due time. I smiled as turned my phone to show Mia the screen. "Your mom emails you?" she gave me a confused look.

"Just read the email." I put my phone on my chest so she could read without having me hold the phone. "Thank the lord." she breathed out before turning my phone off and placing it on the floor. "Why'd you put it on the floor?" I asked confused.

"I don't know." she furrowed her brows in confusion, making me stifle a laugh.

"I really want to kiss you again." she mumbled while pouting.

"Well, there's nothing stopping you." I smirked before she crashed her lips on mine.

Another picture that has nothing to do with the chapter. hehe. 

Also, shoutout to my best friend for making the cover when she was bored ;)