Chapter 36

Chapter 36: (Ryder's POV)

I slipped out through her window and into my room through mine at about 6 in the morning because, Charles's reckless men are drunk off their asses at this early hour and I could get out safely without outing Mia. Once I got back into bed, I knocked out again and then woke up at 10am. At least I got those 4 more hours right? I groggily got up and brushed my teeth, freshening up and washing my face before hopping into the shower after grabbing some sweatpants and a plain grey t-shirt to wear. I was in a bad mood and I couldn't figure out why. 

Normally, I'm in a bad mood when either something has happened, someone has done something or either of the two is about to happen. I went down the stairs and got myself a cup of coffee when my mom appeared from her room, with a bag in her hands. "Oh honey, good you're up. I'm on my way Oliver's house. I wanted to tell you I'm not gonna be here the next three days since he's taken off from work and we want to spend some time together so be careful and if you're inviting friends over, that's ok but no parties. Ok?" she asked as she pecked my cheek and began walking out of the house with me following. Oliver is her boyfriend of 2 years. "Ok um- what about Mia?" I asked her as I took her bag from her hand and put it in the trunk of her car for her. "Well, she's always more than welcome honey." she smiled before kissing my cheek again and then getting in the car. "Bye mom." I waved before she drove off after saying bye.

I was about to walk back into my house even though I really wanted to go to Mia's but I knew I couldn't because I didn't miss the black Datsun car parked a few doors down. Well, Charles's men are gonna get a ticket soon for parking in a driveway, that should be fun to watch. Just as I was about to head into my house, from the corner of my eye, I saw Mia's front door opening and out walked Jeremy, followed by Mia. "It was really important that's why I came. I hope you understand." he said as he leaned on his car with Mia standing in front of him, while I eavesdropped from my doorway. 

"Yeah, of course. Thank you for telling me." she nodded before he hugged her. He fucking hugged her?! And then got into his car and drove off. That's right bitch! Drive off! Mia turned around to go back into her house when I caught her eye, and a wave of guilt washed over her face while my face hardened as I clenched my jaw and hands into fists. "Ryder I'm-" she began walking over to me when I quickly slammed the door shut. Not because I was mad at her, but because I didn't want anyone seeing us together. She quickly shot back into her house and into her room while I did the same. She quickly walked up to her window while I walked up to mine and then she called me and I immediately picked up. "You were with Jeremy?" I asked shocked and disappointed that she didn't listen to me. The one person I've always told her not to meet, she meets.

"Ryder, I'm so sorry. I know you told me that you didn't want me seeing him but he just showed up at my door. What was I supposed to do? Slam the door in his face?" she asked over the phone while she looked at me pleadingly. "Yes, that's exactly what you're supposed to do." I said out in frustration. Seeing her do that to him would be nice. "Ryder, he said it was something important to do with you and Charles and I just-" she began but I cut her off.

"You what? What the hell did he even say to you because last I checked with Charles earlier this morning, he hasn't told anyone, so I don't know what bullshit he fed you!" I yelled into the phone, while running my hand through my hair in frustration, "He told me that Charles sent him. I thought he was telling the truth!" she said in her. And I know this isn't completely her fault but it still kind of is. "You didn't even call me, Mia." I threw my arm up.

"Ryder, even if I did there was nothing you could have done because you can't come see me!"

"If I really had to then I would have!" I scoffed.

"Well you didn't have to. I'm fine, and what he said doesn't sound so hard to believe!"

"What did he say?" I sighed as I shook my head, knowing he told her some bullshit lies.

"He said that Charles was second guessing his decision about letting you quit and he thinks that you and I should think of something and come up with a plan." she informed me.

"Mia, the last time someone told you to do something involving Charles, was Shane, and his idea was meant to fuck us over and work in his favor. Jeremy is probably doing the same."

"Well, what if he isn't? What if he's telling the truth?" she asked.

"Well, then it's just too bad because I trust Charles more than I trust him. And I'm not even mad about the bullshit that he said to you, I'm mad that you're believing him and falling into his trap!" I argued, trying to explain my point to her. "Ryder, it can't be a trap, I've known him for years and he wouldn't do anything like that to me." she argued too, trying to explain her point.

"Yeah but what about me? He hates me so he would do something to fuck me up." I let out a frustrated groan. "You have to trust me, Ryder!" she pleaded, making it so hard for me not to give in. "I do trust you but I don't trust him!" I shouted.

"Why do you always act like this when it comes to him? So full of rage?" she questioned.

"Because he is the one guy that has the power to take you from me, don't you understand that?" I yelled, making her jump a little. "Ryder, you have to trust me when it comes to things like this otherwise this won't work! We won't work!" she shouted too now.

"Well then maybe we are not meant to work!" I blurted out and instantly regretted it but I couldn't take it back. My ego was too big for that. Damn that thing is one hell of a drug. "You don't mean that. Do you?" she asked, her voice immediately got quieter and softer, cracking at the end. I could tell her eyes were glossing over with tears. I took a deep breath in before saying my next words which pained me more than you can imagine to say. 

"Mia, if we can't trust the same people, then we can't trust each other. And if we can't trust each other, then we can't work." I whispered into the phone, still standing at my window, facing hers. "What do you mean we can't trust each other? We're doing this for each other! We're putting our lives on the line for one another!" she argued without raising her voice as she spoke to me calmly. She was right but I don't trust Jeremy and she does. He's a manipulator and that's exactly what he's trying to do to her. Manipulate. "Do you not want to be with me anymore? Is that it?" she said, her voice cracking.

 "I do but I can't. Because if we trust the wrong people, we can end up dead here. And you trust Jeremy and not Charles. Whereas I trust Charles and not Jeremy. You have your reasons and I have mine. And that's exactly why I can't be with you, Mia." I spoke.

"Are you breaking up with me?" she paused, "Again?" she coldly chuckled.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, breaking my own heart along with hers.

"So it's over? We're done? You don't love me anymore?" she interrogated, while tears slipped her eyes. 

"It's over." I said before hanging up, closing my curtains and punching the wall, hard. 

I'M SORRY. THIS HURT ME TO WRITE. IM HURTING TOO.

BUT, it's about to get interesting. 

Also, thank you guys  for 300+ reads. It's not that much and I don't mind that but I do appreciate the reads I do get so thank you also, PLEASE DONT KILL ME FOR WRITING THIS.

But I put a cute couple pic anyway.     

:p