Chapter 12 - The Plan to Elope

Six months before Kairi went into closed door cultivating, the two servants who had gone to prison for attempting to kidnap Kairi had been pulled out of jail by Madam Feng. She had ordered them to find out more information on Kairi and had been living in Green Willow Village since. When they heard that the assassination attempt failed, the two servants could only sigh in defeat. They weren't allowed to return home and were ordered to send back any little thing about Kairi back to Madam Feng but for six whole months there had been nothing. Kairi hadn't come out of the sect once since the two of them had entered the Green Willow Village. The two of them wondered if they were ever going to return home and were wasting away in one of the pubs when Kairi strolled past their table with a bright smile on her face.
"Ah, Old Man Ching, do you have the wine ready?" she asked the owner of the pub.

"Of course, Xiao You. I heard that the wedding is underway. The Liu Sect hasn't had anything to celebrate about in a long time. As a disciple from there, you must be excited," the owner chirped. Kairi managed a small laugh and forced a smile on her face.
"Yep. I cannot wait. I already found the perfect present for Mei Er," Kairi commented. The present was perfect, alright. It involved her master and a getaway carriage hidden at the bottom of the mountain. She was too busy thinking about the plan she had created a few weeks before and didn't notice the two servants who had been sneaking glances at her. By the time she finished interacting with the owner and turned around, the two servants were already gone.

"Master and Mei Er Jie Jie was too careless," Kairi muttered as she bit her thumb. A few weeks ago after struggling with the strange voice inside her head, she woke up to find that Mei Er's wedding had been pushed forward. There were also rumors about Mei Er and Wei Xing hugging each other affectionately in the hallways of the manor. By the time the rumor had completely circulated around the manor, Grandmaster Liu had already sent Wei Xing away on a mission and announced the sudden wedding of Mei Er and the Luo Xing Sect's leader's son, Luo She Hui. When Kairi came out of the sect to retrieve the wine, she had secretly sent a message out to Wei Xing about the wedding. It was up to him to return on time to take Mei Er away while she tried to stall for time and the only way to stall time was to have Xiao You's family attend.

"It'd be even better if Fifth Shishu was here. That would make things even more chaotic." She said this as she pulled out the jade hairpin from her pouch and stared at it.

"And why would my presence make things more chaotic?" came a husky voice. Kairi stopped dead in her tracks. Was she hearing things or did she actually hear Zhang Sheng's voice? A tall figure dressed in white brocade robes walked past by and whipped around to face her. His hands were behind his back and he smiled at her.

"Fifth Shishu...?" Kairi managed to say as she stared wide eyes at Zhang Sheng.

"If I had known that you were going to get yourself into trouble again, I wouldn't have left that fast," Zhang Sheng said. He eyed her up and down and grinned.

"What is this? My little shizhi has actually grown quite a bit within these months." He ruffled her hair and compared her height to the last time he had seen her.

"Fifth Shishu! You have to help me!" Kairi cried completely ignoring his comment about her height as she yanked him by the sleeves.

"Whoa! Whoa! What is this? My adorable little shizhi is asking for help? You must really be desperate!" He let out a hearty laugh angering Kairi right away.
"This isn't funny! Master and Mei Er Jie Jie are done for if we don't do something to help them!" she cried.

"And why should we help them? Isn't this marriage between the Luo Xing Sect and Liu Sect a good thing? With the marriage, Liu Sect will be stronger than ever," Zhang Sheng said.