Chapter 45-Reunion

"It couldn't be!" Kairi thought but there he was, tall and proud. With an air of arrogance and confidence. This man looked exactly the same as he did the first time she met him. "Zhang Sheng?! How is this possible...?"

She had no time to process what she had seen. The leader realized that the longer he prolonged the fight, he was sure to lose. Instead, he sent a palm blast to the ground scattering dust in the air. During the confusion, he jumped past the men and started for Xiao You.

"Father!" Xiao You cried as she tried to run away. Kairi whistled loudly and her sword shot forward like an arrow. It didn't pierce the leader but managed to scrape the hand that reached out for her. It was enough for Xiao You to escape toward the men. Her sword flew back toward her and she jumped into the air to catch it. She didn't notice that what she had done caught the attention of Zhang Sheng who eyed her curiously from behind.

"Get her out of here!" Kairi shouted as she charged at the leader. Feng Jiang quickly wrapped his father's arm over his shoulder with one hand. He then grabbed Xiao You by the arm and started for the exit. The leader saw his prey escaping and pulled out a spirit orb. Kairi's eyes widen in horror at the sight of a spirit orb. She's only seen them in books and knew how powerful they were. Before she even got the chance to jump, someone had wrapped their arm around her waist and pulled her to safety. She looked up at her savior and realized it was Zhang Sheng.

They landed a good distance away and saw the leader blast a palm of spiritual energy at the Feng trio. Seeing the family in danger, Kairi didn't even get the chance to thank Zhang Sheng as she struggled to get out of his hold.

"Let go! They're in danger!" she cried.

"Stay here. You've lost a lot of spiritual energy already," she heard him say.

"I don't care!" she cried and elbowed him in the stomach. She escaped his hold and rushed forward. The leader grabbed Xiao You tightly by the arm and with a wave of his sleeve, Xiao You immediately passed out.
"Xiao You!" Kairi cried. She threw her sword in the leader's direction and whistled loudly. It zoomed in the air toward the leader like a bullet. With Xiao You in one of his arm, he raised his sword to fight against the yinyang sword. Using that chance, Kairi reached out to grab Xiao You by the arm. All of a sudden, Xiao You's body glowed brightly and a flash of light erupted. The leader let out a piercing scream and quickly released Xiao You. Kairi yanked Xiao You toward her and the two of them fell to the ground together. The light faded and she saw that the mask had melted off of the leader's face. Despite the burnt pieces of mask on his face, Kairi recognized him.

"Prime Minister Wan Chao?"

"You little bitch!" Wan Chao seethed. He raised his sword high into the air ready to strike but Zhang Sheng was already upon him.

Now that Wan Chao was busy with Zhang Sheng, Kairi took the chance to drag Xiao You back over to Feng Jiang who was trying to send spiritual energy into his father.

"Xiao You!" Feng Jiang cried when he saw her passed out in Kairi's arms. She laid her next to her father, then took a step back. She pressed out an open palm toward the Feng family.
"What are you doing?" Feng Jiang asked. He reached for his sword only to pause when he heard what she had called him.

She didn't have much spiritual energy left but erecting a barrier wouldn't take much energy at all. A dark purple barrier cast over them and she prayed that it would hold long enough for them to fend up Wan Chao.

"Who are you?" Feng Jiang called out but she didn't answer him. She jumped back into the fight and called back her sword with a whistle. She noticed that Zhang Sheng was about to use a swordplay from Liu Sect and quickly coordinated with him. He took notice of her similar moves but didn't faze one bit. Wan Chao scowled at the sight of the two of them.