Chapter 52-The Traitor of Liu Sect

The competition was fast approaching yet Kairi still had no idea what the competition really entitled. Xiao Huo had yet to send her a message which could only mean that the sect was too well guarded after they managed to sneak in that last time. Kairi groaned as she rested in one of the large canopy trees that overhang the pathway toward the entrance. Disciples of Tian Ling shot her wary glances but no one said anything to her. After hearing about her confrontation with Ling Qing and Wu Bai, no one dared to go near her. This was how Kairi managed to live almost two weeks peacefully within Tian Ling.

She had just closed her eyes when she heard a commanding voice announce himself.

"I'm Jiang Liu of Jiang Huo Sect." The voice was deep and intimidating yet there was a hint of familiarity within it. Kairi couldn't help but open her eyes to take a peek at the person. Her eyes widen in surprise at the sight of the person.

"Second Shishu?" she thought. Her brows knitted tightly together as she tried to make sense of what she was seeing. He looked as if he hadn't aged since the last time she had seen him. She then remembered that he was the one who had betrayed Liu Sect and disappeared.

"That couldn't be him..." She wanted to believe that her kind shishu wouldn't have betrayed the sect. Still here was a person who looked exactly like him. His kind smile was nowhere to be found. His whole demeanor was completely different from the Second Shishu she used to know. The group of disciples behind him wore similar red and black robes. They wore the same expression as he did.

Once they handed their invitation over, they made their way through the gate followed. Behind Jiang Huo Sect was another group dressed in light blue and white robes. They could only be Wen Jia Sect but Kairi didn't care for them. She wanted to see if the Jiang Luo she saw really was the man she thought him to be. She jumped down from the tree branch that she had been resting on and landed right in front of the group of red and black.

"So you're Jiang Liu of Jiang Huo Sect?" Kairi asked with a polite smile. Jiang Liu didn't return the smile but he saluted her.

"My name is Kairi and I would like to have a bit of a sparring match with you," she said. The young man to Jiang Liu's right who looked eerily similar took a step forward.

"We have no time to quarrel with Tian Ling disciples," he declared.

"It wasn't a request," Kairi stated and suddenly sprang forward. Jiang Liu smirked at her attack and easily dodged her fist. She had been expecting it. She switched directions and threw out her elbow. He raised his arm to block it but quickly realized his mistake. She used him as a springboard and jumped off of him while kicking him back.

"That move...!" he said sharply only to snap his mouth shut.

No matter how long it has been, Kairi was sure that there would be no way a disciple from Liu Sect would forget those moves. It was one of the basics moves for Liu sect's fistplay. The surprised face he had shown her could only prove that he knew it too.

"You! You Tian Ling people dare to insult Jiang Huo Sect upon our arrival?" Kairi eyed him up and down and could only assume him to be Jiang Luo. He looked like he was ready to pull out his sword to cut her into tiny pieces. His hand held the hilt of his sword firmly and despite his threatening glare, he did not once pull out his sword. Tian Ling disciples suddenly start to gather and at the front of Wu Bai.

"Don't smear us with her! Tian Ling would never stoop so low," Wu Bai sneered as he approached them. The pathway was now flooded with many people and even Wen Jia's leader inserted himself into the throng of problems. Kairi suddenly wondered if she had been too impatient.

"Jiang Luo, are you already starting a fight? It figures. That temper of yours is quite unsightly," a domineering voice interjected. A thin but beautiful man dressed in white and blue robes approached the inner circle. He carried a beautiful sword on his back while fanning himself with a lovely white fan.