Chapter 1: "First Light"

I was never a really popular girl. I had a small group of friends.
I was kind of quiet, always tried my best to be kind, not the type to ever have any real enemies.
I was a pretty girl, but never had the kind of jaw-dropping good looks like a lot of other girls at school.
The kind of girls that effortlessly attracted attention and had guys lining up around the block to ask them out on a date.
That was never me.
At the beginning of my senior year, things were going pretty well, until a messy breakup with my boyfriend, Sawyer.
Now more than halfway through my senior year, things just seemed to be getting back on track, getting good grades, finding colleges to apply to, trying to make the best of my last year of high school with my best friends, Shae and Monica.
We had plans of going to the same college, going to parties, getting an apartment together.
I was excited to meet new college people, especially being newly single.
I felt my life was going in the right direction and things were going to turn out well.
But then out of nowhere, it was like someone decided to wreck my life.
I had no idea I would ever be the victim of a fatal attraction.
But someone in my life would turn out to be obsessed with me.
And willing to do anything to get closer to me.
Even if it meant hurting me and the people around me.
~

(Chapter 1)
"First Light"

Wednesday, February 11th
6:30am

"Jillian!"
Jillian's older sister Jesse called from downstairs.

A few seconds later, she came through her bedroom door.

"What's wrong?" Jesse asked her.

Jillian didn't reply.
Her face held a morose expression; she kept her gaze on the floor.

Jesse sighed.
"Look, I'm trying to be supportive, but you won't even talk to me about it. It's been like five months."

Jillian stayed silent.

"Come on, get dressed and go to school," with that, Jesse left Jillian's bedroom.
~

When she got to school, Jillian was approached in the hallway by her best friend, Shae.
"Hey," Shae greeted.

"Hey," Jillian responded flatly.

"You look sad, what's wrong?"

Jillian rolled her eyes.
"It's stupid."

"Ohh, Valentine's Day is coming up."

Jillian sighed and rubbed her forehead.
"I told you it's stupid."

"No, I get it. Sawyer always did something special for you."

Jillian crossed her arms, anger flashing in her eyes.
"We were together for like two years, I can't believe that piece of shit."

"I know he technically cheated, but he was drunk at that party," Shae explained.

"Yeah, what else is new?" Jillian muttered.

"Besides, that's not a good enough excuse," she went on.

"Maybe try to find another date," Shae suggested. "What about your lab partner?"

Jillian shrugged.
"Darren?"

"Yeah; he's fucking hot."

"Exactly, so why would he go out with me?"

"Well, even so, I bet there's lots of other guys crushing on you."

"But, I heard Darren's liked you for a long time," Shae added with a smirk.