Chapter 22: "Made for You"

Part II

(Chapter 22)
"Made for You"

Saturday, June 1st
5:30pm

"Jillian? You need help?" Shae called to her in the bridal dressing room.

"No, I'm good. I'll be right out."

Jillian walked out in her wedding dress.

"What do you think?"

Shae's jaw dropped.
"Holy shit, you look gorgeous!"

"Yeah?" Jillian beamed.

"Yes! You're stunning!"

"Thank you! You look beautiful in that dress," Jillian pointed out her short, lavender bridesmaid dress.

"I should. You picked it out."

"Jillian?" Jesse came into the dressing room.

"Jesse!" Jillian hugged her.

"Oh, my god, look at you!"

"You really like it?"

"Of course I do!"

Jesse started to tear up.
"I can't believe you're getting married."

"Jesse, don't start crying because I'll start crying and I can't ruin my makeup!" Shae warned her.

"I'm sorry. It's just... my little sister is so grown up. It all happened so fast. It feels like yesterday you were only twelve, and now you're twenty years old, you're moved out, you finished college, and now you're getting married. I'm just... so proud of you."

Jillian hugged her again.
"Thank you, Jesse."

"Okay, group hug," Shae joined them.

"So... are you ready?" Jesse asked Jillian.

"I'm ready."
~

The ceremony was right by the shore while the sun was just starting to set.
Shae walked down the aisle first.
When she took her place at the altar, Jillian took a deep breath.

This is it.

Everyone turned to watch as she started down the aisle.
As she got closer, she locked eyes with Darren.
His eyes started glistening with tears.
Jillian quickly blinked back her own.
She stood up at the altar next to Darren.

His voice almost shook.
"You look so beautiful."

"You look pretty amazing yourself."

Darren smiled and took her hand.
They both turned to face the officiant as he started....

"Jillian?" The officiant turned to her.

She took a deep breath.
"A while back, my sister told me how you know someone is the one for you: when you can't imagine yourself being as happy with or as in love with anyone but them.
Darren, I couldn't imagine a better life than the one I have with you. Going to sleep with you every night, and waking up next to you every morning makes every day of my life perfect. I love you so much, with all my heart and everything I am, I will love you forever. I couldn't be happier and more proud to be your wife. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Darren?" The officiant turned to him.

"Sirius, I love you more than you could ever know. I couldn't be happier than I am right now. I'm absolutely ready to spend the rest of my life with you. As husband and wife. Jillian Taylor, I will love you 'till the stars burn out," he told her.

Shae handed the rings over.

"Do you, Darren James Thompson take Jillian Elisabeth Taylor to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The officiant proceeded.

"I do."

"Do you, Jillian Elisabeth Taylor take Darren James Thompson to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may-"

Darren didn't wait, he took Jillian's face in both his hands and kissed her hard.
Jillian wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back as everyone cheered.

Later...

"I believe the maid of honour has some things to say," the officiant announced to everyone by the shoreline for the reception.

Shae stepped up.

"Jillian, you're my best friend in the whole world. The best friend I've ever had and the best friend I'll always have. We've been inseparable for the last seven years. It feels like forever ago now, but I remember I was the one who pushed you hard to finally get the guts to ask Darren out. And I'm so glad I did. I've never seen you like this before. I've never seen you happier than when you're with Darren. And I couldn't be happier for you. I love you both, and I know you're going to have an amasing life together."

When Shae finished, Jillian gave her a long hug.

"Thank you, Shae."

"You're welcome."

"You two looked so beautiful up there," Patricia came up to Darren and Jillian.

"Thank you, mom," Darren smiled.

"Thank you, Patricia."

Patricia gave them both a hug.

"That ceremony was precious," Jesse told them.

"It really was," Luke agreed.

"Thank you guys," Jillian said.

"Hey!" Brielle quickly came up to them

"Long time no see," Emma followed her.

"Hey! There you are!" Jillian greeted.

"Oh, my god, Brielle! Emma!" Shae hugged them both.

"Hey, Jason," Jillian turned to him.

"Congratulations, Jillian," he told her.

"The ceremony was adorable!" Brielle said.

"It really was," Emma agreed.

"Thank you! It means a lot that you two came," Jillian told them.

"Of course we did!" Brielle exclaimed.

"We wouldn't miss it," Emma smiled.

"Now, Darren and Jillian Thompson have the dance floor," the officiant announced.

Darren took Jillian's hand and led her onto the dance floor.
Jillian put her arms around him and he held her close as they danced together.

"Are you happy?" He asked her.

"So happy I could burst."

"I am, too."

Darren kissed her forehead.
"I love you, Sirius."

"I love you, too."

Shae and Jackson joined them on the dance floor.

Soon after, everyone at the reception was dancing alongside them.

"I'm pretty excited for the rest of our lives together," Jillian told him.

"So am I, Sirius."

END OF CHAPTER