Chapter 23: "Good Life"

(Chapter 23)
"Good Life"

Saturday, June 22nd
4:00pm

"There's the newlyweds!" Shae wrapped Jillian into a tight hug.

Jillian let Shae and Jackson into their apartment.

"Yeah, we just got back," Jillian told her.

"How was the honeymoon?" She asked.

"It was so perfect."

"So, I don't mean to take the spotlight right now, but I do have some news."

"What is it?"

Shae looked back at Jackson.
"We... we got engaged."

"You did?!"

"Yes!!" Shae nearly jumped and held out her hand displaying a diamond ring.

"Oh, it's beautiful!"

"Isn't it?!"

"I'm happy for you two," Darren told them.

"I am, too!" Jillian agreed.

"I'm so happy you're back," Shae said.

"Well, we won't be here much longer," Jillian told her.

"You guys are leaving?"

"We're moving, actually."

"We got a house," Darren announced.

"You did?! That fast?"

"Well... we actually have some news too," Jillian smiled.

"What?"

"Shae... I'm pregnant."

"What?!"

"We're... we're going to have a baby."

THE END.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q&A:

Q: Where did inspiration for the story come from?
A: The story plot is the result of my brainstorming ideas of what to do for Book 2. Obviously, it had to revolve around the three main characters and the college campus. I didn't want to recycle anything used in Book 1, I wanted something completely different.  So, after thinking for a while, I came up with the idea to have a serial killer on campus. Since no one died in Book 1, I thought it'd be really cool to have a murder mystery. So, I invented a whole new cast of characters with their own personalities and back stories and decided who would live, who would die (and the order), and who the killer would be. Then came the outline, then came the story. Ta-da!

Q: What happened to Jillian's parents?
A: I've gotten this question, and I figured everyone might be wondering what happened to them since they were never mentioned at all throughout both books. When first creating the characters for Book 1, I did include Jesse and Jillian's mother and father. But, when I started writing the script, I immediately omitted them because they were just irrelevant to the story, so it was easier to just leave them out. So, if you want an actual backstory, here it is: when Jesse was 18 and Jillian was 14, the summer before Jillian started 9th grade, both their parents died in a car crash. Jillian was, from then on, was looked after by Jesse and Luke. Since Jesse then was a legal adult with a job, she took possession of the house and got by for the next few years from the insurance money. Jesse was working as a waitress until she became an LPN. Luke works from home doing graphic design. 
If you're also wondering what happened to Darren's father, here's the backstory for that: when Darren was a baby, his father abandoned him and his mother. He took off and never had any contact with either of them again. His mother, Patricia, already came from a very wealthy family, and she continued her high way of life for her and her son by becoming a very successful lawyer.

Q: Kayla's Cameo.
A: Kayla is my best friend and creative consultant. In thanks, I give her cameos in my stories. Her cameo in chapter 12 was based on an inside joke.

Q: What do the names of the chapters mean?
A: In Book 2, every chapter was named after a OneRepublic song.
Here they were:
1. Counting Stars by OneRepublic
2. Secrets by OneRepublic
3. All the Right Moves by OneRepublic
4. Goodbye, Apathy by OneRepublic
5. Feel Again by OneRepublic
6. Light It Up by OneRepublic
7. Burning Bridges by OneRepublic
8. Come Home by OneRepublic
9. Au Revior by OneRepublic
10. All This Time by OneRepublic
11. Marchin On by OneRepublic
12. Fear by OneRepublic
13. Waking Up by OneRepublic
14. Lullaby by OneRepublic
15. Love Runs Out by OneRepublic
16. Everybody Loves Me by OneRepublic
17. Stop and Stare by OneRepublic
18. All Fall Down by OneRepublic
19. If I Lose Myself by OneRepublic
20. Someone to Save You by OneRepublic
21. I Lived by OneRepublic
22. Made For You by OneRepublic
23. Good Life by OneRepublic

END OF CHAPTER