Date Night of the cruel and famous Pt.5 (is that steam?)

Will and Lucifer circle each other like tigers

Will and Lucifer circle each other like tigers. They step carefully, powerfully, around one another as they turn about the ring. Their firsts are wrapped up in cloth and mits, teeth biting down painfully on mouth guards, their chests are exposed and heaving, their faces set in pure concentration, in cunning thought, like the gods of the land and sea. 

They are a powerful force. 

But more than that, they radiate a warm, joyful energy, the likes of which the world has never seen. This is their domain. Will can't flirt, Lucifer can't share his feelings, but this is about as close as it gets for either of them, and they thrive in it. In passion. As they circle each other like sharks. 

Nya watches from the sidelines. Originally she was sitting next to Angel on their mat on the floor, but somehow she finds herself in his lap, the silver-haired demon dragging his hands up and down her back, over her flat belly, as they watch with wide and wonder-filled eyes.

They watch the other two in the ring, a nostalgia setting about the room while the world as they know it fades far far away.

 Lucifer strikes first, one hit with clear precision, stiff and steady and hard. It bounces off Will's forearms but you can see the vibrations of power jolting his brown skin, making the soldier go stiff as he holds his ground. Lucifer hits fast and he hits hard and he never misses his mark. 

Will, the calmer of the two, is no pushover though. Just as soon as he takes the hit to his forearms his own fist pulls back and he pops off three deadly jabs to the devil incarnate. Lucifer blocks two, the third hits his stomach but he can neither care nor feel the pain of Will's mitt punishing his skin. If anything the hit only makes him more excited. Will's gotten faster since the last time they spared. 

Lucifer's not the only one with new tricks. 

The devil bounces back, one step then surges forward two, as he throws two more deadly punches. The first is a distraction, upper left, the second loops around to Will's right side. It hits its mark and the soldier loses his breath for a moment. 

Will is a southpaw, hard to defend against. Lucifer is ambidextrous, impossible to predict. 

Will takes the hit, letting out a grunt but he smiles around his mouthguard. The two men stay hunched over, heads close, arm's protecting their chests, and they circle and circle and run around the ring. 

Micro hits lash out as the two of them play a game not just with their bodies but with the minds, predicting, communicating, retaliating against one another. It's like the world's most chaotic dance, but to Will and Lucy, it's euphoric. 

They did this as kids. They trained together, fought together, bled together.  Lucifer can feel Will's admiration in the way he pushes himself, in the way he pushes lucy. Will feels Lucifer's love when the devil notices a hole in Will's defense, a direct line to the soldier's face, but he doesn't take the shot even though he could.