Chapter 3

50 000 men

50 000 men.

That's how many Greeks would land in Troy.

Titania's eyes could hardly believe it. Such a large force had never been known in history. Menelaus was cruel for forcing her to watch as 1000 ships arrived in Aulis, the port city chosen to gather their forces. Their spears took up entire cargo holds. Giant crates filled to the brim with arrows lined the docks, alongside hordes of food to feed this mobile city of men.

What was she to do? She had failed in her diplomacy and failed King Priam in his singular wish. Hope was lost now. All she knew was that Hector would've found Helen. He would know what was coming. They had time to prepare.

The idea came to her like a strike from Zeus' bolt.

Delay. She had to delay the Greeks. The Trojans needed time to prepare the defenses, call in the soldiers from inland and to stock up the food stores. She could give them that time. She had to.

Her view of the port was vast. The hill provided sight into the far West, where the rest of Greece lay in anticipation, and then again to the East, where Troy lay peacefully. For now.

"Enjoying the view, Princess?" the Spartan King bellowed from behind her.

"You'd launch 1000 ships for a woman who betrayed you. I find it pathetic." Titania had let go of all diplomacy the second she was thrown into a cell, and then a cargo hold to sail here. She'd never been good at it anyway but had agreed to train in politics for King Priam's sake. It didn't really matter anymore.

He grabbed her chin and growled in her face, "You'd call 50 000 men pathetic?"

"Now, now, brother. The Trojan Princess is our bargaining power. We can't damage her too much." Arriving in an entourage of guards was undoubtedly another king. He was less plump than Menelaus, but still large with a cascading beard and a massive golden crown atop his head. Where Menelaus was an obvious drunkard, this man had no such appearance. His eyes were sharp and clear. So were the swords of his 50 guards.

Menelaus released her face, "Agamemnon, finally you've arrived."

The older king smirked, "Yes, and once the winds calm we will sail. We should arrive in Troy by the next full moon, tide allowing." He turned to the young Princess, the evil glint in his eyes brightening, "Now this is a sight I have longed to see, a Trojan princess at the mercy of her Greek kings." He approached Titania, dropping his eyes to her chest. She held fast, refusing to squirm under his inappropriate gaze, "Tell me, Princess Titania, how does it feel knowing that Troy is in its final days?" Titania remined quiet. This King, Agamemnon of Mycenae, continued to silently undress her with his look.

"Brother, what are we to do with her. Is she to sail with me?"

Agamemnon chuckled, "She took down an entire contingent of Spartan guards. I doubt you would be able to keep her under control. No, she'll stay with my daughter and my best guards until we sail. From there, I'll let Achilles take her." Menelaus appeared to contemplate fighting Agamemnon but judged against it and gestured for his own guards to escort her to the tents. Agamemnon smirked at her silent form, "Enjoy your days with us, Princess. They will be your last."