Chapter 15

Titania smirked as Aeneas' sword swiped at her again.

"What was that you said about me being too slow?" She dodged another swing as he rolled his eyes at her.

"Shut up," He swung again and she ducked before kicking him in his knee. She swung her new bow, a lovely olive wood engraved with images of Apollo, into his temple. The son of Aphrodite groaned before swinging out his leg and hooking his ankle behind hers. She huffed as she hit the sand, his blade pointed directly at her chest, "This is what I meant."

She chuckled before shoving his blade away with her finger and took his hand to help her up, "You're right. I'm out of practice."

"You'll get it back quickly, I'm sure of it. Penthesileia will be proud." He sheathed his word before swinging a lazy arm over her shoulder and guiding her back to the palace.

"You really think so?" she asked him, wondering what the Amazon Queen would make of her situation. She'd likely call her feelings of Achilles shameful.

"I do," Aeneas answered as they entered the gardens, "She'd call you strong, for surviving what you did, and brave for standing up to your father for your people." He then chuckled at his own words, "Perhaps that is just my admiration for you talking."

Titania rolled her eyes, "You haven't changed a bit."

The two separated to go get cleaned up, and Titania made her way to Andromache's room for a much needed catch-up. Her sister-in-law was surprised to see her, and she gestured her inside with open arms and a long hug.

"I've missed you as you've recovered," Andromache smiled, "You were always my confidant in court."

Titania returned the smile as a nearby servant poured them some wine, "I've missed those days just as much as you have."

Andromache's room was as grand as ever. On the walls were tapestries depicting the landscapes of Cilicia, her home, and a light adornment of Trojan blue made an appearance here and there if the form of pottery or silk blankets. Titania noticed with a smile that Hector had left some of his things here. The two of them had separate chambers, but Titania couldn't recall a night since their marriage where they hadn't slept in the same bed. Andromache sipped the wine tentatively, "What do you make of Helen then? You knew her in Sparta as well."

Titania couldn't stop the groan the erupted from her, "Can we please not speak of her?"

Andromache laughed happily and fell back into her chair with a sigh of relief, "Finally! Somebody who shares my sentiments! Hector tells me I'm too harsh."

"Too harsh? The woman caused my brother to declare war and leave me prisoner to bunch of brutish Greeks. I'm afraid I haven't been harsh enough," Titania poured herself some more wine and managed not to wince as she called the Greeks brutish, "I should've been leaving snakes in her bed and hung dead spiders from her windows when I returned. Instead, I locked myself away to try and keep the peace. I regret it."

Andromache giggled again and waved Titania's regret away with a quick swoosh of her hand, "Not to worry, I think I made her miserable enough while you were gone. I made my distaste quite clear."

Titania was sure of it. Andromache was a strong woman, perfect for her brother. Hector never took commands from anyone, but from his wife even he struggled to be defiant. Andromache had been the apple of her father's eye, and she acted like it. She made her presence, and her opinions, well-known. "Let's talk about lighter things, sister. Tell me, how're you doing with all this heir nonsense?"

Andromache stared down at her hands and shuffled awkwardly whilst placing a delicate hand on her stomach. She smiled, "I'm sure it will happen with time, but let us rather speak of happier things."