4. first encounter

OMG WE HIT 100+ READS AND NUMBER 112 ON HYPEHOUSE.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

8:15 am

the birds chirping and the sun light creeping from the windows woke emily up. she didn't even realised she fell asleep that night. taking her phone from the side table, she opened the imessage to see texts from mia.

mia🤍
em, do you want to come here today and just hang out? i haven't see you for so long .

' yeah sure, i'll be there at 1' she replied. after texting dixie telling her she would be spending the day at the hype house, she took a shower.

as it was a bright chilly friday, she decided to put on a black hoodie and a sweatshirt. plus, they were just spending the day at the house anyway.

when she was getting ready and was about to put on some make up, she noticed that her eyes were slightly red and she had an eye bags under her eyes. sighing, she took her concealer from the make up bag and tried her best to cover the eye bags and just decided to ignore the red eyes.

as it was only 9 am, she made her bed and took her phone and walked out to the living room.

emily bought the apartment two months ago when she moved from ohio to los angeles. her parents both said it was a great idea for emily to just move from ohio so the pain would be lesser.

as she was watching the Spongebob Squarepants, her phone rang and owen's name  popped on the phone. she picked it up.

"hi em" owen said, he sounded excited.

"hi owen, how are you doing?" emily asked, smiling a little as she talked to her little brother.

"i'm fine. what about you?" emily answered with just a little "eh".

"is los angeles treating you right?"owen asked, slightly worried about his sister.

"yeah everything's good, hows ohio?" emily asked, quickly changing the subject from talking about her.

owen understood as he changed the subject and started talking about what was happening at their hometown as emily listened intensely.

their phone called end at 10 am, as owen had to hangout with his friends. since she was bored from just staying at her apartment, she decided to went to the nearby starbucks.

when she was driving her dark blue Mini Cooper, she received a phone call from someone unknown. so she just send the caller to her voice message. ignoring it, she walked to the starbucks and got her coffee, and another 2 coffees for kouvr and mia. she decided to drank her coffee at the cafe.

"so, you're not only grumpy, but also arrogant?" a voice that was right beside her table said.

emily rolled her eyes as she recognised the voice. the voice of the owner that she only met yesterday but already annoyed of him.

"arrogant is not a correct word. but go off i guess ?" emily asked, looking straight at vinnie that was sitting beside her table in the Starbucks.

"you didn't pick up my call! and you didn't greet me!" vinnie whined as he stood up. without asking for permission, he sat across from emily.

"i didn't know it was you..." emily shrugged before she continued "or else i would've blocked you right away"

a hurt looked pressed on vinnie's face as emily just gave him a small smirk.

"how did you even get my phone number?" emily asked, sipping on her coffee as vinnie looked out the window.

vinnie turned back to the woman in front of her and said, "i might or might not snitched on noah's phone and looked for your phone number. "

"and you might wanna talk to him because she saved your phone number as emily with some cringe ass emojis!" vinnie said as he ran his hands through his greasy hair.

"you shouldn't have go through his phone in the first place" emily said, shrugging.

they both were disturbed when jordan suddenly came to their table, with a big smile on his face.

"vin, let's go" jordan said to vinnie as he groaned. it was his and emily's first encounter with no arguments and now he had to stopped it.

jordan looked at the woman in front of vinnie before his jaw was dropped.

"h-hi, my name is jordan" jordan introduced himself to emily as emily waved her hand before she introduced herself too.

"nice to meet you emily but we have to go. so i'll see you around!" jordan said before quickly picked vinnie up from his arm, not even giving vinnie a chance to say goodbye to emily.

after sitting there for another 5 minutes, she decided to leave. grabbing the two coffees, she walked out of the starbucks and to her car that she parked right infront of it.

"where are you going?"

"somewhere that you wouldn't be at" emily said rolling her eyes without turning around, knowing that vinnie was now right beside her.

"harsh" vinnie said.

"why are you here? i thought you left with your friend?" emily said, putting the coffees by the cups stands.

"nah, i'm bored by just staying home. where are you going?" vinnie asked again. "hype house. i'm meeting mia" emily answered this time, sitting by the driver seat as she turned to vinnie by the door.

"can i please follow you? i promise i wouldn't bother you, i just want to meet ryland" vinnie begged with puppy eyes.

"alright, get in" emily gave in as vinnie smiled widely and walked to the passenger side door.

the whole ride, it was just filled with vinnie asking emily random questions as she answered not very willingly.

-

A/N
i have school from sunday to thursday but i'll try my best to at least write two chapters a week! it would mean a lot if you guys would vote or comment your opinion!