23. collided

all his way to emily's parents house, he can't stop smiling, causing his cheeks to hurt but he didn't care. he finally got to tell emily the truth, and possibly make her his.

after about an hour or so, he finally reached the house. to say it wasn't lovely would be a lie. with excitement still in his body, he jumped out of the car, fixed his hair a little bit and knocked on the door.

an old woman with grey hair and spectacles opened the door with lovely smile and asked, "who are you looking for, young man?"

"hey, i'm looking for emily? emily rawson"vinnie said politely.

"i think you got the wrong house, boy. she lives right beside my house" the old woman say with a chuckle as vinnie quickly apologised.

"it's okay.. have a nice day!" the old woman said before walking back to her house as vinnie walked to the house beside hers.

after knocking, a teenage boy that vinnie sure was emily's little brother opened it.

"hey, you must've been vinnie? i'm owen, emily's brother.  emily's in her room but she'll come out soon. come on in though"owen greet nicely and opened the door wider for vinnie.

"thank you" vinnie nodded and stepped inside to be greeted with a sweet vanilla scent.

"i'll go get her. make yourself comfortable!" owen said, leaving vinnie in the living room as he walked to emily's bedroom.

vinnie took the time to looked around the house, looking at the pictures on the cabinet, studying each of them. he smiled when he spotted a picture of owen and robbie in a frame and smiled even wider when he saw a picture of emily smiling at the camera.

"h-hey! welcome here!"

vinnie turned around to see emily wearing a simple black dress with a cardigan and a converse. a soft smile marked on vinnie's face as he walked closer to her.

"hi! nice seeing you again. you look pretty" vinnie complimented before he pulled emily into a hug which emily gladly accept.

"i miss you" emily mumbled to his chest since he was taller which made vinnie giggled before saying, "i miss you too"

as they pulled away, owen walked into the living room with his phone on his hand.

"mom and dad will be home in like 2 hours, i can go to my friend's house if you guys would like some privacy" owen said, even though he was already by the front door.

"yes, thank you" emily said, looking at her little brother.

owen passed a smile at vinnie which vinnie replied to with a wave before he walked out the house. but not even his halfway out, he stopped, looking surprised.

"uhm..." owen startled as he looked at whatever infront of him and vinnie and emily repeatedly.

"what's wrong?" emily asked, worriedly as she walked to the front door too.

it shook her too to see noah's parked car and dixie and him walking out of it. vinnie then came in behind emily and owen, confused.

"i swear i told him to not come here!" vinnie said when emily looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"yeah he's right"

noah said stopping right infront of them three with dixie standing uncomfortably behind him.

"then what are you doing here?" emily asked.

"em, i just wanna have a talk!" noah said, taking a step forward.

"well, i don't wanna talk to you" emily said, confidently.

"are you really going to leave me for that guy?"noah asked, angrily pointing at vinnie behind emily.

vinnie who was already mad stepped infront of emily and owen and stood right infront of noah.

"that's the problem with you, you're too controlling for her. and always get mad at her for no absolute reason" vinnie said right to noah's face.

"so what you're trying to say is that you're much better than me?" noah snickered.

"well, he is"

both noah and vinnie turned and looked at emily who was walking towards them two.

"look, noah. i can't do this anymore. i'm so sorry that this is happening but after what happened these past days, i don't think i can do this anymore.." emily said, standing beside vinnie who was proud of her for standing up for herself.

"w-what? emily, what does he have that i don't!?"noah asked frustratedly.

"he treats me better" emily slowly said.

noah startled before he slowly nodded.

"fine then. i hope you're happy with a heartbreaker. i know what you did to devyn, vinnie" noah slowly said, looking at vinnie at the end of his sentence before walking back to his car.

dixie who was shook just looked at emily before noah called out for her. emily looked at her bestfriend sympathetically when dixie walked to the car too.

"i thought there would be better drama to be honest" owen said from behind them, making both emily and vinnie laughed.

————————————————————

a/n

oop! sorry this chapter took so long!

my school had to be closed for two weeks because the case of covid in my country really starting to get higher every day, so now we're having online classes that i don't even like 🤠

but, i'm happy because then i will have much more time to update so yeehaw!

and OMG WE HIT 11k recently!! so thank you very very much!!!

i hope every single one of you that are reading this is doing well and having a great day!