Chapter 35

I was up early the next morning, so was Randi. Today was the day we were supposed to meet with 'crazy' Wanda. My brain was working on the question 'was Wanda really crazy or was that part of her undercover act?' With everything I knew about her from the past as well as from our reunion, including how Buckshot Bob tiptoed around her, I was given to assume crazy was a state of mind and Wanda was a lifetime resident of that state.

"Want something for breakfast?" Randi asked breaking me from my pondering Wanda. "I'll rut around in the kitchen and see what there is."

I gave her a nod. I wasn't really hungry but a little something to nosh on might calm my brain. My little voice was chatting away. It wasn't even a minute after Randi left the room to go to the kitchen she returned.

"Zandie kicked me out of her kitchen. She and Holland are both up." She informed me.

I was distant, not intentionally, Randi came over and sat down next to me. She didn't bother me, she simply sat. I assumed she understood I was distracted and in deep thought. A short while later Holland came out and told us Zandie had a meal set for us in the dining area. Randi and I got up together and went to eat.

During the meal, Holland started the open discussion of Wanda, the company she kept and how to deal with her. Holland said he and Zandie would come with us, only in separate vehicles. He also suggested we take dummy vehicles that were registered to fake aliases he had for such occasions. Part of his plan was to check out the property with a drone from high altitude. He and Zandie would drive past the property, find a good location to work from and set up there. Randi and I would come in once they were ready, Randi would be hidden in the back. Holland had a two-way communication system with an encrypted signal that would keep our conversations private.

When Randi and I arrived, I would go out and meet with Wanda and have a look around inside the house. Randi would stay hidden until I told her to go to work. I'd verify Wanda was marked with the generic I.S.R.D. logo, if her neck wasn't marked, I'd check her thighs. This would require she be subdued. This also meant I needed to be careful and fast when I subdued her. We didn't call her the crazy chemist for nothing.

Zandie helped Randi dress in her covert operations getup. Which still involved a corset, bullet proof, with pants, not bullet proof. She still had her throwing knives in her corset and boots, the pants had a spot for two pistols, one on each side with easy access, a smoke bomb and a few other toys Holland included for her.

Me, I was in my usual suit and tie, under which I also had a bullet proof layer. You might say it resembled a corset without any frills or boob holders. As long as no one went for a headshot or to blow my cock off, I was protected, just like Randi. The only gear I had was my usual pistol and Ruth, my dentist. They were all I really needed.

Once geared up, we headed to another garage Holland had several kilometers away. Inside there were several vehicles, some bikes, cars and SUV's and one pickup truck. Holland put Randi and I in a sedan while he and Zandie took an SUV.

-_-_-_-_-_

As we were loading the SUV, Holland had slipped something to me and said, 'for better hallway vision'. I had no idea why he was being covert, but that was just Holland. Now on the road, I handed the small package to Randi and asked her to open it.

She removed the paper which turned out to be a note wrapped around a small dark colored object. It was U shaped, about three centimeters in length and about half a centimeter in thickness. There was what looked like a small button on one side of it.

Randi read the note. "For better hallway vision." Was the first sentence, I got the reference, Randi on the other hand, it was well before her time. "What's that supposed to mean? What is this, a camera that can see around corners or something?" She asked.