Sati's Shiva

"Who are you?"the old man asked as he saw a man in rags. Sitting alone. He was crying bitterly. That old man had never seen anyone cry like that .

"Dear..What is your name?" The old man asked again and again..

Finally the man looked up. He was looking very unkept. Hair a tangled mess. Beard long grown.

"I am Shiva"the man somehow uttered. He was looking at the little figurine in his hand with so much longing and pain..

"Shiva? Never heard the name. Why are you crying?"the old man asked..

The man infront of him was silent. How could he explain the old man. The pain he was going through..

"My wife died. Burned herself alive"Shiva said. His voice was so painful..

"Ohh.."the old man said and sat with him. Patting his shoulder..

Shiva looked wondering. What did that ohh means.

He then started telling the old man how he met his wife. The princess of the Emperor. Then their love story. How they got married. And how she left to attend the festive at her maternal home. But killed herself..

(Shiva-Sati life..Hindu Mythology)

The old man nodded. It was very sad. Two people who should have been happy were separated like that.

"What about you?"Shiva asked suddenly. He seemed to sense the aura of lonliness from the old man. But he was also happy. What a contradiction..

"Me? What about me?"the old man in white asked as he sat. Under the old tree both sat,leaning on it.

"What is your story?"Shiva asked..

The old man smiled.

"My story? It's not very interesting like yours. You know. "The old man said looking at Shiva with a little teasing smile..

Shiva looked at him probing. Donot know why he felt like a curious child infornt of that man.

"My story? I am a traveller. Alone. Yet everyone's company. Friends of all. Singing, playing flute. Enjoying scenery"said the old man with a smile..

Shiva looked at him again.

"Okk. You are quite famous for your anger issues,little friend. Now donot look at me with your big big eyes"said the old man..

Shiva smiled a little. Even he was surprised with it. After Sati's departure he never felt this content..

"My story. I love someone. But that person is not born yet. I am waiting for that person"the old man said with a look of amusement. His eyes were dancing with mirth.

"How can you love someone who is not born yet?"asked Shiva..

"Because dear lord. That person is already born somewhere. It's just. That one is a little trouble maker.. Sigh. You won't understand "said the old man with a frown..

Shiva smiled nodding his head. Love is troublesome.

The old man sighed hearing his thoughts. This angry God. What to do with him..

"Your world is in pain. There are lots of demons and Asuras killing innocents. Donot you have some duty?"asked the old man.

Shiva looked at him stunned. How did he know..

"Dear. Come with me"said the old man and got up.

Shiva followed him. They walked towards a mountain. Were they walking or the ground was moving?

"See this? "The old man said and picked up few figurines from the mountain..

Shiva looked stunned. It was a mountain of figurines.

But what was even surprising was,there was not just a woman in figurines. There were men too.

"What is this? Where is this place?"Shiva asked as he tried to summon his trident.

"No. You have not fallen in any Asura's Maya. It's just. Many like you stumbled here when you were in extreme grief. Almost all of you were same. Some were women. Some men. But issue same. Grief, pain. And we had conversation. They left their figurines here. So that others would be assured"said the old man..

Shiva looked at the giant mountain. What did it mean? Just how many Shivas were there ? And why were they all here? Who was this old man?

"I am just an oldman. Without name. Leave your figurine here and go. Your world needs you"said the old man..

Shiva put down the figurine he held. And returned to his original form. In the place of the man in rags stood a gentle man. With soft eyes..

The old man smiled.

"Who are you?"this time Shiva asked..

The old man smiled.

"Told you. I have no name. Still. I am also Shiva"said the old man.

Shiva nodded.

As he stood there,he saw the old man opening door. He knew he had to go.

"Would we meet Again? "Shiva asked.

The old man looked surprised. No one had ever asked him that. He looked at the man infront of him. With a smile..

"If fate permits"the old man smiled and replied..

"But what is fate?"Shiva asked. The old man smiled.

"Fate is the trajectory left by actions done. What you are,what you want to be,and what you would be..The gap between is fate"he explained..

"Is there a way to change it?"asked Shiva?

"Why? Do you want to meet Sati?"asked the old man with a teasing smile.

"Changing fate? Never thought about it. But fate can be changed only when one does good deeds. Good always results with good"said the old man..

"But what is good and what is bad? "Asked Shiva..

"The heart that knows love. Has kindness,is good. Karma is diffult to understand. Shiva. Fate and Karma are different and difficult to understand. But when we are open to light,try to do good deeds. We have a path to have a chance. To change fate"said the old man with smile..

Shiva nodded. Even Gods were not beyond Karma.

Looking at the old man,Shiva nodded. The old man smiled and bid him goodbye.

And watched that Shiva too walked back.

He walked back to the tree. As he walked back. His appearance too changed. In his place stood a youth.

"How problematic"the youth sighed as he picked up the flute. As the river near was calm,it shone like stars were shinning..

As flowers fell from the tree,the youth fell asleep. With the white cloth floating along the gentle wind and the gentle music of flute that was soothing him to sleep..