Women

"What do you wish for?"she asked looking at the women..

They smiled and began wishing. My family would be happy. My father would be happy, healthy. My brother would do well in his work. My husband would succeed in his endeavor. And my children would grow well and safe.

As they continued,she looked at them with adoration. Why are you all not my mothers. I would forever take care of you as a child,as a parent,as a sibling,as a lover. Why are you not mine yet,she wondered looking at them, mesmerized by the soft glow of them. They felt so warm. So fuzzy.

She smiled but remained silent. And took a step down the stairs. With a smile like them. Body like them. As a mother. The formless one had come down as a woman. Because of the tender feeling that touched her..

As she stepped down,she looked at the woman she called mother. She could hear her prayers. But all she saw was her tear filled eyes. She looked at the grandmothers,the sisters,the aunties,the old ladies and the young children. All of them. From birth. They seemed to be struggling..

They fought,to even be born. To eat few mouthfuls. To breathe. To look. Silent. If they opened their mouths. Then they are bad women. If they look at someone. They are witches. If they adore someone, immediately they are used. Even love. They have to pay the price for it. From beginning to end. They just give. And if they ask for simple return,for some food,for some clothes for all that. They are greedy. They should not fight,they should stay silent. They should do this. Do that..

She looked. As she walked. Still. Everyday the same wishes. Even the rudest woman she met. In her rudeness,there was a plea. Donot harm my family. Donot talk bad about my husband or father or brother. Those women,they did not hesitate to sacrifice someone like themselves to keep the vanity,the ego of their men's safe..

Silent,she sat.

As days passed. She watched. How casually they were thrown away. Beaten. Divorced. Never respected.

Time passed. She waited. May be with education,with humanity,with growth it would change. But it did not.

As education came,men began to use women even more. Date one. Marry one. Then divorce her and marry one. They were the law makers afterall. They wanted to leave the most leverages for themselves. And if a woman dared to leave a man,take advantage of a man. Then she was the worst sinner.

Why was she special,they questioned. When answer stood naked infornt of them. From fingers to internal organs. She is different from man. She has extra organ in her body. Her body can produce milk to feed her child. She nurtures life. From the age of tens. She experiences pain. No matter if she is low in blood or low in calcium, magnesium or iron. Every month she bleeds. At least 500 ml of blood. She tears her body apart everyday. So that she could grow life inside her.

Then from young ages they experience,lack of nutrition,lack of hygiene. Lack of education. Lack of rest. Good food? Keep it for men. Money? Gifts. Buy something for the household. Save money for your future or marriage. Then save money for your child. Then save money for your old age. Because no child would care about you.

From simple infections to dangerous diseases,she is prone to it. She catches cold easily. She faints easily. She gets fat easily. She should be this perfection. Thin,long hair. Beautiful face,always smiling. Her feet should look like this. Her nails should look like this.. She should never speak up. She should always speak gently.  She should not speak when elders speak and so on.

As the little Goddess looked. All she saw was chains. Chains and chains around them. Who actually had choosen to carry life. And if they screamed in pain,then they were mocked at. Laughed at..

She could not smile anymore. Her eyes bleeded with tears.

As she watched. She saw men. Threatening women. If you cannot even give me so called peace. Then I would be better off with another man.

Finally it clicked. It was not what she thought. It was inferiority complex. From the beginning. It was this inferiority that was eating them up. It breeded the jealousy. The hatred. And ego. And in all these. These females they just became pawns. They became toys. To be played with.

She looked at them again.

Look. This is what I found. You are not needed here. Life would fade away? Donot worry about that. Once they feel it. When the world would stop. They would give birth themselves and enjoy the pain. Look at the same moustache and beard and would proceed to have relationship. Would fight,and kill themselves. Leave them. No need to worry about them anymore. If they die. Then die. It's my matter. I donot care anymore. You tell me. What do you want?"she asked them,the women infront of her. Not just women. Every feminine creature in the creation. Who breathed life..

"We know. No matter where we go. We would still miss that counterpart of us. For life to exist. For everything to move forward smoothly. Yes. At times we are bad.. But for what? Our lives had been simple. Take care of that we made. Now. We donot want to exist anymore"the voice of feminine wishpered..

The Goddess looked at the world. How beautiful it was. With life. But inside it,it held the dread. Every moment,life was dying. The life which was source. The life which was a part of the One..

So be it..

"From now on..Slowly feminine would fade away. If they can make it work,then they can. But the moment they feel defeated. My door is open for them. I would take away my feminine energy. And whatever remains. The masculine energy. They would face it's warth. My warth. They think,there are two entities. Just because they see,a man and woman infront of them. But they donot know. It is just one. When it's needed for a man,I am man. When woman. I am woman. But they are closest to me. Because they create life within. There would be one man in my home and heart. And no woman in any world if they are not respected for what they are. They are not some better half or slaves. They are life of their own. They are far more wonderful and perfect than anyone else. Because they are mothers.."she said as she smiled..

Even her anger,it had been curbed by those women who were not even allowed to temples and churches and so on. They had poured water on her and calmed her down with their love and kindness. They had smiled and fed her. Not eating themselves.

To see those kind eyes glow in happiness,bloom in respect and shine. She had again caved in..

For women..