The Feet of Him

She sat,near his feet,as he fell asleep. The black heads of Anant Naag kept making shade over them. They had met after a long time. And he was asleep,she wondered. But still walked closer to him. From the door till him,it seemed very close. But only she knew how long it took..

As she drew closer and closer,her eyes became wide,in surprise..

"The beautiful skin that is said to be blue,as blue as the sky,when it is about to rain..Is this the reason behind it?"the Goddess of life wondered..

As she watched him lie with bare torso,on the bed of snake. But there were small tentacles,that were embedded in his skin,each moment. And the snake's body was moving each moment.

As she was drawing clearer,she could see,the sharp edges of them. She gulped.

Then she recalled the words she had casually said,how he slept peacefully while the whole world was going through torment.

She stood infront of him. But hesitation was there.

His feet moved on the snake body. And that part,she watched,became smooth. She took a decision. She walked upto him. And sat there..

As she sat,she wondered,would he wake up now. But her focus turned to his feet..

As she looked closely,she saw. The world she lived in. But what was that..

Why was there cracks appearing on his skin? Why was it like this? Was he not all powerful? Then why was he going through so much?

She looked around. Who to ask..

She looked at the snake. But would it answer,she wondered.

"It won't,dear.."she heard a gentle voice speaking and looked up. He had opened his eyes. There was a faint smile on his lips.

"Why?"she asked, instictively..

But then pondered,if it was right.

He smiled.

"You need not hesitate. Never hesitate to ask me questions. Often unsolved questions causes problems. I would try my best to give you answers "he said,his voice was gentle..

"It cannot answer because it is not conscious. It's a part of me. Not a separate identity"he added..

"Then am I not a part of you?"she asked..

He nodded..

"You are. Your beginning and endings are with me. But how you live is upto you. It is a chain. Or a path. Through which I take the dark energy of beings away"he explained..

She nodded.

"But won't I be unconscious here? Swallowed by you? After being here for few moments?"she asked..

He looked at her in wonder. There was a childish innocent glow on his face..

"Is it? But why? Am I a devourer that you would be devoured? Dear..No one has ever lost consciousness after meeting me,until now. Why are you saying so?"he asked..

"But it is mentioned in books"she added .

"Books are for guidance. Yes. There are things. What you loose is something that has to be gone. Nothing else. Whenever I see someone,they are already so tired. So,they rest. They get reinvigorated and leave. But,it is true. I have not met a lot"he added..

She looked at him quitely..

"Ohh. It seemed your destination was somewhere else. You should return now"he added..

She knew it too.

"Would we meet again?"she asked..

He smiled..

"You want to meet me? Again?"he asked..

She nodded smiling..

"But what you saw was just a projection of your memory. I just took that form. And revealed myself a little bit.. Still. We would meet again,sooner or later"he said with a smile..

She understood? May be.. May be not..

What she did not ask was,why was he smiling looking at her,when she asked that question..

Because he saw,in her place stood a man. With a gentle smile. 

As she walked away,she heard a faint whisper..

"Would you recognise me,then?"

The woman sitting infront of mirror woke up. She had got lost. Where was that?

Soon she forgot..

But the place where she was at,and the one there,kept in mind..