Chapter 46

Maya's pov:

I sighed as I got in the car and waited for Brian to enter. My mind wandered back to the recent memories of today which made me cringe. 

I did feel bad for just storming out and behaving like a spoilt rich brat. I probably am one.

The way Mom acted made me wonder if she was scared of a known outcome or just instincts. Something wasn't sitting right and I was sure of it. 

Words which escaped my parents and siblings mouth kept on repeating in my mind until I froze.

'You remind me so much of him'

Who was Maria talking about?

It's probably irrelevant to the current situation but I couldn't help but not think about it.

Who is he?

I'm brought back to reality when a hand cupped the left side of my face.

I glance to my left and see Brian's worried face which made my insides warm from his affection.

"Hey you alright? You kind of zoned out over there." He frowned as he searched my face for any trace of emotion.

"I'm fine. Let's go.. I'm hungry." I assured him before pouting.

He chuckled and shook his head before starting the car.

***********************************************************************

We reached the apartment in twenty minutes and as soon as the car stopped, I'm met with a familiar raven head and a brunette.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I look at Sam.

I got out of the car and walked towards them. 

My eyes widened as I look at Sam who is running towards me as if he were escaping a zombie apocalypse. He instantly wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me into a hug.

I felt my breath stop as he was squeezing my lifespan out of me.

"Sa-Sam.. too tight! C-can't bre-athe" I tapped him.

He immediately let go which allowed me to relax.

"Shit! I'm sorry." He apologized.

"Don't sweat it." I gave him a small smile.

I looked over towards William and he waved before throwing my backpack .

I caught it with ease and shot him a smile.

"May.. I'm so sorry. I'm such a horrible person. I couldn't figure out Tia's intentions and I was so fucking dumb. I can't believe I made two of my sisters feel so bad. On top of that Will-"

"Sam"

"I called him a fag and it was only to keep Tia happy. You probably suffered alot"

"Sam!" I called out a bit louder.

"And then today morning. With mom and dad. I don-"

"SAM!" I barked. 

Sam stood there with his eyes and mouth wide open.

"It doesn't matter anymore. You stood up for me today morning against Mom and Dad. That's what matters to me." I grinned as I poked his cheek.

He stared at me in surprise. His eyes started to water which sent into panic mode.

"What? Why are you crying? Shit!"

"I'm not crying!!" He shouted before pulling me into another hug.