Chapter 40

Maya pov:

"Fuck! I think you can beat me in another week or so." Dawn breathed as she held her whip tighter.

"I've been doing this my whole life, what do you think?" I smirked.

It had been a week since I gave Brian that black eye and he has been ignoring me. I felt really guilty cause I guess I over reacted.

You guess? Bitch you did more than just over react.

Hey you know I hate it when people disturb my sleep.

I fought back my conscience.

I felt a rope around my wrist and I'm suddenly yanked forward as my face kisses the ground. I groaned in response as I turned on my back and stared at the ceiling.

"Distraction always makes you loose focus. How many times have I told you to stop thinking while your fighting." She shook her head as she helped me up.

"Noted." I sighed as I placed my whip on the ground.

"What's the problem?" Dawn asked folding her arms.

"Nothing." I shrugged before grabbing the water bottle.

"Look, I'm a person who can tell what someone is feeling by looking into their eyes. Wanna know why?" She asked.

"If I say no, will you stop?" I rolled my eyes. She chuckled before looking at her feet.

"It's cause the eyes hold the actual truth, no matter how much your mouth speaks. I've met a lot of people in this world but you..... you are the only one I haven't been able to determine. You have this this... something which keeps you from opening yourself. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing but when the time is right, you should try sharing your problems." She slouched her shoulders while leaning on the wall.

"I don't know, Brian has been ignoring me since last week and I think I over reacted when he woke me up. I tried texting him but he ignored it. He's been avoiding me in school and I have no idea what to do." I sighed and bit my lip.

"Oh.... wait, tomorrow is your birthday right?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah... but what does that have to do with this?" I frowned.

"Oh uh... nothing I just realized, and don't worry about Brian. He will come around." Dawn grinned as if she were planning a murder in her head.

"Okay...." I eyed her suspiciously.

"Wanna eat something, I'm craving for pizza." She asked as she grabbed her jacket.

"I was waiting for you to say that." I groaned and she chuckled.

"I'll buy you anything as long as you don't get pineapple on your pizza. I can't stand people who like those. They aren't humans." Dawn scrunched her nose in disgust.

"We are on the same side." I nudged her shoulder and she sighed in relief. I chuckled at her reaction before heading out of her home and going to her car.

*******************************************************************

I was sitting in my room while munching on my chips and watching shadow hunters on Netflix. It was around 8 in the night and I didn't feel like watching it anymore so I shut it off.

I checked my phone to see if Brian had replied to any of my texts but got nothing. I sighed and frowned at the phone as I stared at its screen.

"Maya sweetheart?" Mom's voice came from the closed door before two knocks.