Chapter 49

Maya's pov:

"So you're telling me that he got mad at you and then made out with you two seconds later?" Will raised an eyebrow as I saw his lips twitch into a smirk.

"Yep that is what happened." I smacked my lips and nodded to hide my blush.

"And here we thought he couldn't get any hotter." Will smirked as he noticed my shyness.

"I know!" I exclaimed as I throw my hands in air.

He let out a hearty laugh before holding his stomach and gasping for air.

"It's not that funny." I pouted as I crossed my arm.

"Sure it isn't" He told, sarcastically.

I grabbed the nearest pillow on the couch we were sitting on and threw it at him.

He caught it with ease and threw it aside.

"Speaking of which, There was an announcement today in the basketball team meeting." Will announced, nonchalantly.

"Oh, what is it?" I asked in curiosity.

"A practice match is going to be held in three weeks from now with some powerhouse school." He informed.

"Three weeks from now? Isn't that a bit late?" I wondered.

"Yes, because someone *cough* *cough* decided to get suspended for two whole weeks." Will shot at me.

I opened my mouth to protest but closed it immediately after figuring out that I can't defend myself in this situation.

"gah whatever!" I huffed.

"Hehe" He chuckled.

"You want some coffee?" I asked as I jumped out of the couch and headed over to the kitchen.

"You sure have made yourself at home. I'd love coffee." Will had amusement hidden in his tone.

"Eh." I shrugged.

"So.." he dragged.

"What?" I raised my eyebrow at him as I started making our coffee.

"When do you plan on coming back home?" He asked in a soft tone.

I flinched and slowly look back at him. I opened my mouth to say something but closed it right back because I wasn't sure of shat I should say.

"I know I must go back and I cannot keep running away but I want some peace right now. I'll go back before the suspension ends." I sighed as I thought about what is going to happen.

"Hmm that makes sense. Try not to overthink about it. Things will get back to normal." Will ruffled my hair before he leaned on the counter.

"Yeah I will try not to." I muttered.

"And what's up with you and Sam?" I asked as I wriggled my eyebrows.

"What?" He asked, dumbfounded.

"You tryna act dumb now? I definitely saw the way you two behaved around each other last night." I smirked as I smacked his shoulder.

"Whoa okay detective. Well.." He started explaining.

**********************************************************************
Will went home after we had our lunch and I was left alone.. all bored.
I was thinking of what happened in the past two days and my mind went back to my parents and the whole conversation replayed on my mind.

I want to sort things out fast but I don't think I want to face them now. I sighed as I stared at the wall as I laid on the bed.

'You remind me so much of him.'