Chapter 7.

Maya's pov:

I kept pacing front to back in my room. The mess my mind is in right now is beyond imagination. How can I overthink so much about a guy?

Not just any guy. My conscience retorted and I snorted in response.

"Fuck this shit man!" I ran a hand through my bob length hair.

"Yo May! Wake u- Your awake?" Sam barged into my room and I froze.

"Uh.. yeah." I told, nervously.

"Is everything alright?" Sam came and engulfed me in a hug.

"People! I'm heading to office right now. I have some important work so I won't be back before night. Love you!" Maria's voice boomed and we replied with a 'love you too'.

"Now what happened?" He looked at me with concern written all over his face.

"Whoa! Chill. I'm good. I have a test today. Just stressed, that's all." I told smoothly.

"Oh thank god." He sighed in relief while I grinned at him.

"Okay... well since you are ready. Let's go." He hooked his arm around mine and we headed out.

*************************************************************************************

"I'm gonna die out of boredom in biology." Dylan groaned and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"But I sit next to you in bio." I frowned.

"You sit next to me in bio but I don't exist the moment the class starts. Your eyes are glued to the board." Dylan scoffed and I rolled my eyes.

"That's cause I'm not as gifted as you to just wing it." I retorted and he shot me a playful glare.

"Oh please, like I've not seen you in math and physics." Dylan snorted.

"Bio is not my strength and you know it. I've got the least in it. Always." I explained and he thought about it.

"Ya, getting 90 in bio is the least." Dylan told, his voice dripping in sarcasm. I rolled my eyes at him again before entering the class.

"Try catching up with three smart ass elder siblings of yours and you'll know why." I grumbled.

"I'm thankful for being the only child." Dylan raised his hands and I chuckled as we took our seats.

*******************************************************************************

"Well... I'm thankful that got over." Dylan sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Uh huh." I groaned in agreement.

"One more period and it's lunch." Dylan tried encouraging.

"One more period!!!!" I groaned and Dylan whined next to me.

"I know it's too long." He whined and I nodded.

"Okay come on lazy bugs. We got Spanish right now." Harper leaned against the door of our bio class.

"Spanish!! Here we come." I cheered in a weak manner while Harp chuckled.

We both got up and headed towards our Spanish class.

We rushed into the class before stopping , abruptly. We looked up and found our spanish teacher glaring at us.

"Ms.Jackson and Mr.Brown. You are late." She stated and crossed her arms.

"Yeah we were. Got caught up with our math problems." I told nonchalantly before walking in along with Dylan. Our teacher huffed and shot me a glare thinking it would intimidate me but I just gave a blank face in return.

The class continued and I slipped into my dreams.

****************************************************************************

"Jesus Woman! Get up!" I felt someone shoving me. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes and found Dylan and Harper staring at me with amusement.

"We literally thought you were dead." Harper shot me a blank face as I rubbed my eyes.

"What happened?" I asked as I yawned.

"The lunch bell rang idiot, now hurry up! I'm hungry." Dylan pouted and I chuckled. I swung my bag over my shoulder.

"Let's go" I mumbled and we headed out of the class. We walked to the Cafeteria where I met Sam.

"Hey have any of you guys seen Brian? He was supposed to come today?" Sam furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why was he supposed to come today?" I asked in confusion.

"Uh..For the-" Dylan cut Sam off.

"For the soccer team." Dylan told and I nodded.

"Oh well, no we haven't seen him today." I shook my head.

"Oh okay." Sam frowned slightly.

"Hey man, Text me later." Sam patted Dylan's back and gave him a pointed look to which DYlan responded with a nod.

We sat in our usual table before digging in to our lunch.

After the lunch bell rang, we quickly scurried to our classes.

As I was on my way, I heard two voices coming from the Janitors closet. I rolled my eyes at the hormonal assholes who were having sex in there.

"Yes Brian Just like that!!" Anna's voice boomed and I froze.

Brian?

No...no it can't be.

As I was about to run, the janitor's closet opened which revealed my crush whose hair was messy and eyes were red and one of my enemy who had a smirk on her face as she spotted me.

"What are you doing here?" Anna quirked her lips in a winning grin.

My face was void of any emotions as I stared at Brian who had his eyes widened at the sight of me.

I flicked my middle finger at Anna but my eyes never left Brian's.

"What?" He scowled.

"Um..Nothing." I shook my head.

"Then why are you still standing here? Don't you have anyone to not listen to?" He glared at me.

My face formed a scowl as I looked at him.

"Don't fucking bring this on me and what do you mean?" I asked in a cold tone.

"You never listen to anyone and don't give a shit about anyone." He scoffed.

Anna looked at between us before smiling and coming towards me.

"Your upsetting my man." Anna raised an eyebrow as she stood in front of me.

"Don't push it slut." I seethed and her eyes widened in fear.

"Well... what are you going to do huh? Stay away from Brian. He is mine!!" She tried sounding intimidating.

Next thing I knew, My fist was on her nose and she was on the floor.

"Aah!!!!!" She screamed as she held her bleeding nose.

"What the fuck Maya?!" He walked towards me.

I grabbed his collar and punched his cheekbone.

"Your right. I don't listen to anyone. That doesn't mean I don't care about them. I have my own life which I live in my own terms and why the fuck does it bother you so much? At least I don't act on my hormones." I left his collar as he stared at me in shock.