Chapter 38

Maya's pov:

"Maya!!" Mel's voice boomed in. 

Brian and I turn around and find her standing in front of me with a look of uncertainity.

"Hey Mel, everything alright?" I placed my hand on her shoulder. She looked around as if trying to hide from someone. I followed her eyes into the crowd and find a boy about Mel's age glaring at her.

"Um.. yeah. Can I be with you? Mom and Dad are talking with Drake's parents." Mel fidgeted.

"Okay, yeah sure." I gave a non believing smile.

"Hey, I don't think we have met. I'm Brian." Brian gives a warm smile.

"I know. Your Maya's boyfriend right?" Mel asked and my eyes widened at her.

"What the-"

"You know me as Maya's boyfriend?" Brian asked, amused.

"Yeah. Maria told." Mel shrugged.

"I'm going to kill her." I mumbled under my breath.

"Anyways, Nice to meet you. I'm Melanie, you can call me Mel for short." Mel rolled her eyes at me.

"Cool" Brian nodded.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned only to find Dirk standing with a grin plastered on his face.

"Hey, Can I talk to you both for a moment?" Dirk scratched the back of his neck.

I tugged on to Brian's sleeve and Brian turned. His eyes fell on Dirk and he immediately wrapped his arm around my waist making me roll my eyes. Mel steps forward and stands beside me.

Dirk's eyes fall on Mel and he froze. I looked at Mel and see that even she was staring at him. I wait for a few seconds before clearing my throat to gain their attention.

"Eyes up here, buddy." I rolled my eyes.

Dirk snaps out of daze and looks back at me.

"Um.. Yeah. I actually wanted to apologize troubling you these past months. I just wanted get Brian's attention so that I could get to know where Dawn was." He admitted.

"Well, apology accepted. Besides, you didn't trouble me much. Just constant annoying but consider it forgiven." I grinned.

"Thanks." He sighed and looked back at Mel.

"Is she your....sister?" Dirk pointed at Mel.

"Yep, Meet Melanie and Melanie, this is Dirk." I introduced both of them.

"Hi." She softly told and blushed hard. 

"Hey." He let out a breath.

"Um... If you don't mind, Can I ask Melanie for a dance?" Dirk scratched the back of his neck.

My eyes widened at the scene in front of me. I looked at Mel who shyly nodded. I looked back at Brian who gave a nod too.

"Yeah fine. Keep an eye on her." I sighed.

"Sure." He smiled and looked at Mel before lifting his hand and waited for her to take it. Mel shyly obliged and both of them went elsewhere.

"Those were rumors." Brian informed. My head snapped in his direction.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"He has never been with anyone. He never shares any woman. As far as I know, He has only shown his interest in Melanie." Brian mentioned.