Chapter 14: Your All Mine Now!

~Rush~

I turn away from her to answer Jesse's call. Fucking cock block! What is it with everytime I see this girl, someone stops me ravishing her. 

"Jesse?.... yeah I know I missed it, you text me remember…. Yeah I **was** on my way back… well I was busy with my mate but you stopped that… again I told you she was attacked by Nadine's father…. Look I can tell you all this when i'm back, but I would like to get back to my mate!" I chuckle and turn back to her, but she's gone… I can hear Jesse calling my name, but I continue to look around for her. Where did she go? I hang up on Jesse and start making my way back quickly to try and catch her but I get to the sacred tree and she's still nowhere in sight. The tree seems to be back to normal though! Damn it! Why does this keep happening?

I make my way back to the hall hoping to find her in there. Again no luck. High priest Adam does stop me though.

"Your highness. Might i have a word?" He says sounding annoyed

"I'm kind of busy right now. I'm trying to find my ma-" I start but he cuts me off

"I understand you've found your mate this year. Congratulations by the way. But that doesn't excuse you from performing your duties. You're the one that is supposed to do the blessing. Your mate can wait. She's not going anywhere is she. I shouldn't have had to fill in-"

"I'm sorry. Are you the king? Because last I checked, you weren't and I was! Therefore if I choose to not do it, I'm well within my right not to. At the end of the day my mate came first and she was in trouble. I don't answer to you or anyone, it's the other way around. Now if you will excuse me" I leave him standing there gaping at me. I go over to a few of my guards remembering I need some of them to go and retrieve Jackom.

"You and you. Follow my magic into the forest. There you will find Jackom pinned against a tree. He is to be escorted straight to the dungeons. He has a death sentence for attempted murder against my mate. Do not put him anywhere near his daughter. Get the extractors from Jesse's pack to prove she was in cahoots with her father. And find out if the Dr has been to confirm her pregnancy. My magic will release him, pinning him to the floor for you to restrain him and then be gone completely when you're ready to bring him back. Now go" I command. They bow and say

"Yes your highness" then off they go. I turn and bump into Parker.

"Sorry Rush. You ok? Jesse's been looking for you!" He says

"It's my fault, don't worry. And I will be when I'm finally mated and this hunt is behind me. Every time I get somewhere with her, we are Interrupted and she varnishes. Not to mention the fact someone tried to kill her. And I know he's looking for me. I hung up on him when she vanished" I pinch the bridge of my nose between my thumb and forefinger. I'm starting to get a headache. 

"Oh shit. Is she OK?" He asks concerned 

"She's fine, luckily it was all superficial wounds so easy enough for me to heal. If it had been anything worse I would only have been able to do so much. Do you know where Jesse is?" I ask

"Yeah he was talking to some of our Alpha's and your High's over by the bar last I saw him. I'm just going to meet who Im hopeing is my mate. I left her at the bar when Jesse summoned me. He knows I'm mating tonight but asked me to keep an eye out during the hunt, as he's gonna take a break with his mate so they can shift together, as he hasn't seen her wolf Yet! I told him I'm fine with it as long as my mate agrees and he let's me know as soon as we can leave. If you need anything just let me know" He tells me with a smile. He's happy he found his mate and can't wait to spend time with her. I wish mine was the same but she keeps running from me.