139

Song Qinghan walked in front leading, and then he suddenly turned his head to look at Luo Haiyuan was was standing still with a look of utter ignorance. Raising his eyebrows, he said, “What now? Are you trying to go back on your words?”

Luo Haiyun regained his attention and quickly followed up. He shook his head and denied, “No, I’m not that kind of person, and you did win the bet. Moreover, it will be my fortune to work for the one who cure an unprecedented hard-to-be-solved problem, how am I going back on my words? But by the way, I indeed know Doctor from the Huichun Shop in that provincial capital, but what’s beyond my expectation is that he was sincerely convinced to be your assistant! I mean, at least I would think it was someone probably at his age!”

He took a sudden pause as if something had occurred to him all of a sudden, and then he continued to say in seriousness, “But, Doctor Song, why didn’t you accept the award from the imperial government? It should be your luck that the Emperor didn’t pursue the matter further. If he did, forgive me if this might be unpleasant to your ears, you might have had to bear all the consequences yourself.”

Now, it was Song Qinghan’s turn to put on a face of astonishment, he frowned tight and said, “How come I did not know the fact? I mean, why didn’t I know the imperial government had awarded me?”

So he said so, he suddenly recalled the day when Doctor Shi got him informed about the matter, and then he murmured dubiously, “Though Doctor Shi had informed me once that the imperial officials would come for me, but it’s been a long time now, I haven’t seen anyone who get the right traits as he mentioned…”

Hearing that, Luo Haiyun immediately understood what was going on. He pondered for a moment and then uttered slowly, “Probably someone who harbored evil intentions interfered into this matter. But since the Emperor didn’t mean to pursue the matter further, he who does things with bad intention probably has no willingness to pay attention to it. But you should be careful in the near future for your own good.”

Song Qinghan nodded and walked towards the Huichun Shop while pondering along the way.

Who did he offend at those times? It was just Guan Yiyu alone, but it was not necessarily true. Perhaps his contribution was too much in the eyes of some people, so the other party decided to give him a lesson. Therefore, it was really not easy to find the person behind the scenes.

When he came back to his senses, they were already standing in front of the patient with stomach cancer. It could be seen from the yellow-wax-like complexion of the man that he still suffered from such annoying symptoms, yet it was indeed better than any moment before. Noticing that, Song Qinghan uttered with decisiveness, “Let’s do it today!”

Luo Haiyun didn’t understand, but Yuan Wenxuan got it. His face remained his customary calmness, yet a trace of unexpectedness flashed across his eyes, and then he asked in confusion, “Master, didn’t you say that we have to wait for a while?”

Song Qinghan shook his head and explained, “You should know that this kind of disease won’t show its mildness as the times goes by. As for the fact I wanted him to take good care of himself in this period, the final aim is to give him some times to calm down so as to keep his mood and mentality in the best status. But from the current condition, everything seems to have been in a perfect status, we’ve gotten the maturest condition to make the operation since he is now rather obedient. In that case, we should race against time instead of taking a wait-and-see approach. Otherwise, the cancer cells might threaten to propagate, which is dangerous for him.”

Yuan Wenxuan nodded thoughtfully, took out the scalpel from the bag and began to prepare for the operation.

In fact, what he admired his master the most was that he could learn a lot anytime and anywhere from Song Qinghan no matter what situations they were in. And it was not because Song Qinghan was stingy to hide all he knew, but they were something needed to be combined with the actual cases.