199

Song Qinghan took a thoughtful glance at him, and then answered slowly, “You will let him believe, right?”

Lianyue got tense all of a sudden, he wondered whether Song Qinghan had come to figure something out or not. And instead of confessing directly, he delivered an embarrassing smile to Song Qinghan, nodding and saying, “I will try my best to make him believe.”

Since the deal was made, Song Qinghan and Lianyue decided not to waste time anymore. They walked out the room directly, and gathered everyone else in the center parlor and waited for the Grand Coordinator.

Not long, the Grand Coordinator finally showed up in the house. After being informed by the commander among the guards, he glanced at Song Qinghan and interrogated, “Had he been here before?”

Song Qinghan looked around left and right, and motioned Hualian and the others to withdraw. After that, he fixed his gaze to probe the people whom brought by the Grand Coordinator here.

Well, what he intended to do was rather easy to comprehend, so the Grand Coordinator raised his right hand in the air waving, motioning Zhuxiu to bring the others to withdraw as well.

“Lord, …” Zhuxiu seemed to be quite concerned over this decision and he spoke. But he didn’t dare to talk further while the Grand Coordinator responded with his extremely cold eyes. With resignation, he had to bring the other subordinates to withdraw right now.

Everyone left the house except Song Qinghan, Wu Dahu, Lianyue and the Grand Coordinator. It was not until the room finally regained its peace did Song Qinghan came to utter, “He did come here just then, but he came for Lianyue. With regard to the details of the matter, Lianyue should know it better, maybe he should talk.”

For some reason, Lianyue seemed to have been extremely anxious after the Grand Coordinator showed up in the house. He was clasping both his hands tight while all his fingernails were turning into pale by the force.

Noticing that the Grand Coordinator was fixing his gaze right on him, he opened his mouth, but failed to say something or make a sound of a single word as if he was choked by someone by the throat.

The Grand Coordinator frowned, and then removed his gaze off Lianyue, but turned to looked at Song Qinghan, seemingly attempting to acquire an explanation from him.

Even though Song Qinghan still remained his expression on face, he felt rather annoyed in mind because he never expected that Lianyue would transformed so quickly from a sly ‘fox’ to a timid ‘bunny’ under the gaze of the Grand Coordinator.

But fortunately, just at the moment the embarrassed Lianyue finally plucked up all his courage after he sensed that the atmosphere here was becoming weirder, he tried to open his mouth again, and finally confessed everything to the Grand Coordinator with his fabricated story.

The Grand Coordinator stood there silently listening, and then asked after Lianyue finished his talking, “Why was he willing to let you stay?”

Lianyue paused suddenly while his eyes were filled with dejectedness as if something occurred to him with no signs, he then responded in a low voice, “Maybe it is out of his concerns over the security of his country.”

This answer did not exceed the expectations of the Grand Coordinator, so he did not choose to bother to ask Lianyue further for more information, but instead he threw the question back to Song Qinghan.

“That wasn’t what Lu Sen said earlier. AND, you didn’t make any objections at that time.”

Song Qinghan did not put up with an anxious attitude nor did he deliver a negative one, but answered, “Because we just knew the fact just then from Lianyue, and before that, we always thought that Lu Sen was a trustworthy and honest man who offer a service for guidance.”