06

the next day, sunghoon's friends approached him before class started.

"let me see your test bro." niki pleaded eagerly, even tugging at sunghoon's shirt in hopes that he'll give in.

"just leave me alone." sunghoon muttered before he stood up. he had enough and left the classroom unattended.

niki started to snicker with the rest of his friends, "sheesh. he's real bummed about this."

jungwon pinched the boy to force him to shut up.

namkyu just ignored them, plugging her ears with her earphones and blasting music so that she could wait for class to start peacefully.

jihyun wasn't at school yet, which was weird because she always arrived earlier than namkyu.

before the bells rung, sunghoon came back into class, as well as jihyun who just arrived on time.

the lesson's were boring as usual, but every time she glanced at sunghoon, he'd glare at her or look out the window with a bitter look on his face.

his leg bounced nonstop, and it bothered her.

"please stop that." namkyu said, surprised she added the 'please'.

maybe it was because he looked a bit scary when he was mad.

he looked at her and did it even more, adding energy to it just to piss her off.

she 'tsked' before focusing up front again.

lunch came around soon enough. mr park was just about to ask the students if any of them would be willing to volunteer to do class duty.

which would end up being namkyu anyway.

jihyun also volunteered to do it with her, so then she'll have company.

from the corner of her eye, she could see sunghoon's friends nudging him, especially niki.

she didn't think much of it. maybe that's just how all boys were, unusually playful.

actually, she realized that she started to notice a lot more about those boys. maybe it was because she was always looking in sunghoon's direction without realizing.

she never cared to look at anyone else in the class.

she was just a bit interested in him because she hasn't seen him such a long time.

that's it. nothing more.

she turned her head back to the piles of paper and began picking it up, that's when she felt a tight grip on her arm. it wasn't too tight to the point that it hurt her, but tight enough to force her to turn around.

the girl met eyes with his chest, then she looked up and saw sunghoon.

he glared down at her straight in the eyes as if he was picking a fight, but the next few words were more shocking to her.

"go out with me." he said.

she was frozen, almost everyone in the class was watching. her face began to heat up, hands sweating in nervousness.

"w-what..?"

"you can't say no." he said in a threatening tone.

her heart was pounding like crazy. the more she looked at him in the eyes, the more she felt like sweating. he looked really intimidating when he glared at her.

she felt like how she used to feel around him when she was younger. smaller and overpowered.

if she said no, would he beat her up?

i mean, it's unlikely.

but still...

maybe this was a good opportunity? an opportunity to have her first boyfriend.

i mean, dating didn't sound so bad.

"...okay." she replied very quietly, finally accepting his request.

his eyes widened, which was weird. isn't that the response he wanted?

he actually expected her to be very against it, since she 'hated' his guts.

well, she did, but how could she disagree when he looked at her like that? he seemed really scary.

"what..?" sunghoon wanted her to repeat. he then looked side to side and noticed his classmates head's were all turned to their direction. but one glance, and they all looked away.

his face was getting red for whatever reason, he was probably flustered at the fact that she agreed quicker than he thought.

namkyu knew she was going to curse herself out later on. she knew agreeing was going to be the worst decision of her life.

what she hated the most was the fact that she agreed so easily once he glared at her like that. she was always so tough on the inside, and she'd even insult him whenever she got the chance to.

but now, his expression was more serious. he's been more intimidating these few days...

sunghoon finally managed to get back into reality as well, "then, i'll be doing class duty instead." he muttered, looking at jihyun, who was holding the second pile of papers.

he took it out of her hands and looked back at namkyu. his friends were grinning and snickering at the scene, which earned them a glare from sunghoon.

"come on." he ordered namkyu, who hasn't moved an inch from her spot.

she snapped back into reality and nodded, "oh- right."

the walked out of the classroom, side by side, but at a great distance.

she still felt sweat dripping down her forehead. if she turned her head to look at him, then what if he's already staring at her?

she couldn't handle it.

"you take such small and quick steps." he randomly commented, making her embarrassed.

there it is.

he pointed out something about her once again. just like he used to...

she looked down at her own feet and attempted to change her way of walking, smoothly of course, so that he wouldn't tell that his words affected her.

everything he said, always had some sort of impact on her. she hated it.

why'd she agree to it?

is this what she wanted all over again?

he noticed her hair suddenly drooping down over her face from her head slightly tilting down, his eyes widened in guilt before softening again.

"... it's cute"