43

soon enough, they arrived to the barbecue place.

it was loud, filled with mostly adults since it was night, some were others were also highschool students but from different schools.

they all took a seat, grouped together in one large table.

namkyu couldn't shake off the awkward tension between the two boys next to her. jungwon was all smiles, but she felt something off with him.

sunghoon on the other hand was... quiet, as usual? he had no emotion on his face, but when someone made eye contact with him, he'd slightly glare.

maybe he didn't know he was doing it, or maybe it was unconscious. whatever it was, nobody could really tell.

when everything came, sunghoon would place the meat on the grill. namkyu just watched him do his thing in awe, salivating as she watched the meat cook.

sunghoon noticed this, and everytime, it brought a small smile to his face.

while namkyu was busy speaking to the other boy next to her, sunghoon would place things on her plate, knowing she liked to be fed well.

"kyu, eat." he said quietly, tapping her shoulder with the back of his hand since he was holding chopsticks.

she turned her attention to him and then down her plate, "oh, right."

she didn't ask him to do this, but the fact that he did wasn't too good for her.

she could feel her heart pounding again like how it used to.

sunghoon was so good at it.

she ate well, focusing on her food, not knowing there were a pair of eyes on her.

her cheeks were so full, thats when she heard a chuckle from her right.

"w-what?" she said with a mouthful, her words came out weirdly.

sunghoon quickly shook his head, "nothing, keep eating." he said, a soft smile following after.

her hand slowly came up to her mouth, covering her face since she suddenly felt a bit embarrassed.

she then looked back at her plate, "stop looking." she said quietly, annoyed at him.

all he did was smile even more, putting another piece of meat on her plate. he knew what he was doing, the face she made when she was embarrassed made him wanna provoke her even more.

she was just eating, but he adored it. it wasn't all the time that he got the chance to be this close to her, especially with someone else who's now in the picture.

"i can get it myself." she muttered, side eyeing him.

he disagreed, remembering the last time she served herself, "no. you'd start getting the pork, mistaking it for beef." he chuckled.

her eyes widened, how does he know she prefers beef? i mean, it's probably just because it's common, right? but no, it definitely had to be something he picked up from all the times he's watched her eating in the past.

he knows her. he pays attention to the little details.

he's always had.

she awkwardly chuckled, taking a sip of water before looking back at him. "eat your food too, sunghoon." she smiled in attempt to take his attention away from her.

he took the hint and nodded, filling his own stomach while looking at her from time to time.

while he was eating his food, he noticed how she went silent when not even a minute ago, she was talking to everyone at the table.

her eyes went afar, squinting as well.

"jiyoon...?" she mouthed. her eyes widened before she put her chopsticks down, pushing her seat back to stand up. everyone's attention averted to her as she rushed to hug that random girl.

"you're back?! why didn't you tell me?" she said, engulfing her face into her cousin's shoulder.

jiyoon and namkyu were close, especially when they were younger. they'd babysit her brother together when they were still young, they'd even hangout everyday.

jiyoon's parents then divorced, and since jiyoon's dad was from america, she decided to go with him and go to school there. well, it technically wasn't her decision, but what could she do about it?

it was perfect timing that she came back since exams were over and they were going into break. that meant they could spend time with each other freely without a busy schedule.

sunghoon observed the two, and so did the rest. some went back to their convos, but some people who were nosy— like sunghoon, decided to keep watching them.

"is that her relative?" jay asked the people at the table. sunghoon then remembered something. he was wondering why that girl looked familiar.

she used to watch namkyu's lessons from time to time but she always had to leave early. namkyu mentioned that she was her sister back when they still skated together, which obviously wasn't true since they looked completely different and didn't live in the same house.

but he assumed her to be a relative of some sort.

"yeah." sunghoon answered jay's question, which was a bit delayed, but it got everyone curious all of a sudden.

"she's so pretty." jihyun shortly gasped, glancing over at the girl. "she looks like a celebrity."

that was weird, i guess namkyu never mentioned her to jihyun. sunghoon thought.

"yeah." jake agreed, he was about to say something else when niki interrupted.

"she looks like a foreigner!" he said, a bit loudly which gave him nudges in return.

"no shit." sunghoon rolled his eyes, "she's half privileged, i'm assuming." (IM SORRY 💀)

a few people laughed, the only person who didn't react was jungwon, which wasn't unusual since he was usually quiet, well, used to be. and that's why they were surprised.

jungwon was becoming a bit extroverted once he started speaking to namkyu, which was why it was a bit strange when he got silent all of a sudden.

sunghoon looked at the boy, his eyes were glued onto the two. he just wouldn't stop looking at namkyu, which freaked sunghoon out a little bit. maybe he actually did fall in love with her.

but the more sunghoon looked at jungwon and the two girls, he realized that maybe he wasn't staring at namkyu.

instead, he was staring at jiyoon...

NAUR NOW I WNA MAKE
A JW FANFIC W THE
BACKSTORY OF EVRYT 😭😭

except make is
heartbreaking 😏