21

"you're dating me... because of a dare, right?"

he stared at her blankly, not sure how to react.

as for her, the silence was eating her up alive.

why isn't he answering?

she counted to 5 in her head, hoping for an answer at the last second.

but it was still silent.

the look on his face was enough of an answer for her, so she just slowly nodded and looked to the side.

"alright..." she muttered before standing up.

a little chuckle left her lips. it was more like she was laughing at herself for even holding onto a little bit of hope.

i'm pathetic. she thought.

"you shouldn't agree to these kinds of things..." she glanced at him, "but i guess you really do like messing around with my feelings."

she walked out of the classroom and decided to spend her lunch elsewhere. anywhere was good as long as it wasn't in the same room as sunghoon.

he was still in the same spot, about to curse himself out for getting choked up and not answering.

i mean, what was he supposed to say?

it was true after all, wasn't it?

it's not like he could make up an excuse anyway. he knew it was coming, he knew the time would come where she'd find out.

but, wasn't it a bit too soon?

all he could do was bury his face in his arms while resting on her desk.

he didn't understand why he was so upset. he agreed to this knowing there'd be consequences, so why was he so damn upset?

maybe, because somewhere in his heart, he had hoped that it'd last a bit longer.

gym

a loud whistle could be heard from their gym teacher, signalling the students to start the race.

"come on, you gotta push yourself if you wanna beat the other classes!" he yelled as they continued to run.

their time was pretty good for the baton relay. namkyu was the last one so they depended a lot on her, but it also gave her a lot of pressure.

the unfortunate thing was that sunghoon was the one passing the baton to her.

and as we know, their teamwork isn't the best.

"you two!" the coach whistled, "stop messing up, it's literally just passing." he scolded.

the two were called up to speak with the gym teacher alone as the other students got to rest after the race.

they didn't bother to look at one another, and it was obvious.

"what is this? i can feel the tension between you two." the coach raised a brow, eyeing the both to see if they'd glance at one another, "namkyu. don't tell me he's bullying you."

namkyu quickly widened her eyes, redness creeping up on her face, "no! no, that's not it..." she said in panic while shaking her hands, "nothing's wrong, we just have bad teamwork." she excused.

sunghoon just glanced at her, noticing her getting all nervous. he sighed and looked back down, thinking back to his negative thoughts.

"alright then." the coach paused, "you two will need practice on your own until you get it." he declared.