11

as school ended, namkyu quickly packed her things and headed to her locker.

that's when she was approached by one of the boys in her class. it was niki, which wasn't something to be relieved about.

"hey." niki smiled cheekily, leaning on the locker next to hers.

she looked around to see if he was talking to someone else, when she realized it was her he was talking to, she finally replied, "hey.."

"what are you doin?" he asked, starting a conversation.

"um... i'm putting my things in my locker." she replied blankly, continuing to do her thing before shutting it and locking it as well.

she turned and faced him, waiting for him to talk, all he did was stare awkwardly at her face. she figured that he began to space out.

"uhh, niki?" she waved her hand in front of his face.

he snapped out of it and stood straight, parting away from the locker he was leaning on, "oh right, um..." he tried looking for the words, "how's sunghoon?" he asked, regaining that smirk he had earlier.

she just looked to the side, "well.. he's..."

"he's what?" niki asked, leaning closer as he anticipated a weird answer.

that's when niki felt a hand place on his shoulder, making him startled. it was sunghoon, and he didn't have a sweet look on his face.

"he's great." sunghoon finished her sentence as he replied to niki's question, "now get going niki, don't you have... a dog to take care of at home?"

niki furrowed his brows, "huh?" he asked, weirded out by sunghoon's random question.

"nevermind!" sunghoon said, a bit embarrassed at how uncool he was, "just go away, you're getting so close to her. it's weird." he began to scold the younger.

niki just grinned, "what? are ya jealous?" he wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

sunghoon had enough and just smacked him to force him away, "you're so annoying." he scoffed, turning around back to where namkyu was, "anyway.."

he replaced niki's spot and leaned on the locker as well, "sorry about that."

namkyu just stood there, holding the strap of her backpack as she stared at him, a bit shocked at what she just witnessed, "it's alright. i guess?"

he just smiled and held his hand out, "let's walk home?" he asked, waiting for her to accept.

she looked at his hand and slowly reached out to place her hand on his, but he pulled away last second and brought his hand to his side, clenching it into a small fist, "s..sorry." he said, looking away.

she was a bit surprised. she knew he didn't like holding hands, which made her a bit shocked when he held his hand out. so she felt a bit disappointed when he pulled away.

but she noticed a certain thing about him. his ears would get red and so would his face.

she just ignored it, "it's fine." she muttered.

"okay, let's go." he said, receiving a nod from her as they both walked out.

time passed by slowly as it was quiet. that was until namkyu's stomach broke the awkward silence.

a hungry growl came from her stomach, making the two stop their tracks. sunghoon stared at her blankly before she stared back at him, giving him a sheepish smile which wasn't too good because sunghoon could've sworn he felt his heart rate increasing because of that.