09

⭒☆━━━━━━━━ ☾ ━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"namkyu, can't you speed up a little bit?" i asked, furrowing my brows disappointedly at her as i watched her falling behind.

"i'm trying..." she spoke softly, focusing on her gliding patterns. i grinned at her struggling, it was funny.

because no matter what, she always tried so hard.

i was in an advanced level, skating with her who just joined a month ago.

honestly, i didn't have to, but i did.

coach aejung-nim thought it was a good idea to have me help out her class, i didn't want to at first, but it got fun real fast.

i was only asked to because i aced all the skills we were required to learn in a short amount of time. so i was a bit ahead and so were my friends, they also got asked to help once in a while when they wanted to.

honestly, i thought she was aware that she didn't have to listen to everything i said. she did anyway, and i took advantage of that.

when i first introduced myself, she added a 'nim' after my name. the immediate formalities was just so unexpected, i didn't know what kind of impression i had on her.

even though we were the same age, she thought of us as people on total different levels, not that we weren't, but to the point that she respected me as if i were a king or something.

i didn't even know how to deal with that, so i got ahead of myself.

and not to mention, her reactions were my favourite. i was so amused no matter what face she made, i liked all of them.

although, sometimes she'd be on the verge of tears all because of me...

"can't you just do it? your making the rest of us wait for you." i groaned.

she was trying to do a simple spin, but she couldn't stay in the same spot while doing iso, she'd always end up a bit to the right.

my arms were crossed as i watched her strictly. some of my friends were behind me, watching her as well.

she gave up and sat on the ice, completely exhausted.

i then heard a voice from behind, "why do you only pay attention to her? help the other people that are struggling with the spin." jihee rolled her eyes, pointing at the rest of the students in namkyu's class.

i glared, "no. i'm not going until she gets it. and plus, she said she wants to be like yuzuru hanyu." i scoffed, "there's no way that'll be possible with skills like that."

i looked over to namkyu and noticed her cheeks and nose quickly turning to a light shade of red.

she was still on the ice, i wondered if her butt was getting  cold or something.

suddenly, tears began falling from her eyes.

she must've heard what i had said. i guess she was hurt.

she quickly stood up, stumbling in the process before looking at me once more.

she didn't say anything, she didn't snap back or tell me off, she just slightly pouted and left to go towards her coach.

all i did was shrug and brush it off. i never took her seriously, and i still don't sometimes.

but, it wouldn't hurt to change a bit.

for her.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━ ☾ ━━━━━━━━☆⭒

but then again, all of this wasn't real.

i bet she didn't even like me in the first place since i forced her to.

whatever.

i gotta go through with it, right?

i walked back to class once the bell rang. i could tell she noticed my presence as i walked in, but she forced herself to not spare a glance at me.

i pulled my chair out and sat down. the gap between our desks bothered me, so i pushed my desk closer to hers.

a short scoff escaped from her lips before she dug in her bag for something, a pencil.

she quickly jotted something down on her notebook before ripping part of the page and folding it.

she slid it over to me quickly then averted her attention upfront.

i stared at it before grabbing it and putting it inside my desk. she seemed to notice since she looked a bit offended.

i then put my arm on the desk, leaning on my hand, my cheek pressed against my palm as i stared closely at her.

"why don't you just tell me yourself?" i whispered quietly.

her ears turned a bit pink, i didn't know why.

was she flustered?

she looked at me for a split second before looking to the side.

her hair was covering her face, so i reached to tuck the strand behind her ear.

but before i could, she noticed and stood up swiftly, leaving me a bit shocked.

"don't touch me." she raised her voice, gaining the rest of the class's attention. she quickly left, causing the attention to move over to me.

"what?" i glared, making everyone turn back to the front.

i couldn't stay in my seat and mr. park was about to say something until i stood up as well.

i didn't care anymore, it'd be dumb if i stayed while she was out wandering by herself in the hallways.

she's so stubborn.

i jogged out and looked left, then right. i decided to just go straight down the hall in hopes of catching up to her.

that's when i saw her figure from afar, she looked like she was walking but in a hurry. her hands were up to her face as if she was wiping away tears.

"namkyu!" i called out to her. she turned her head and noticed my presence, which made her speed up more.
i just tried catching up to her.

we were getting closer to the bathroom's, unfortunately, because she took the chance to run into the girl's restroom.

i groaned out of frustration when she got in there, because i'm a male. and males are forbidden from entering there! (thx 4 stating the obvious hoonie)

so i leaned on the wall and waited for her to come out, "come out, i'm sorry." i said, practically begging.

there were more footsteps, making me realize that there were more than just one person in there.

that didn't matter to me though.

namkyu

as i ran into the bathroom, i quickly stopped when i noticed two girls sitting on the counters of the sink, putting makeup on.

they saw me right away, and raised their brows at me weirdly.

i just muttered a 'sorry', before going into one of the stalls, the one against the wall which was farthest away from the sinks.

"come out, i'm sorry." i heard a voice say from outside the bathroom. the girls also heard, causing them to pack up and hop off the counter.

"oh my gosh." one of them said quietly, "that sounds like..."

"park sunghoon."