31

as expected, the walk back to the gym was silent

...as fuck

he was mentally preparing himself for when she would ask him about what she just heard, but that 'questioning' never came around.

why isn't she asking me anything?

i mean, it wasn't like he wanted her to, he was just highly expecting it. so he was a bit surprised when she just kept walking without uttering a single word.

maybe it was time for him to speak.

"um, whatever you heard right now..."

she turned to face him, "don't worry. i wont say anything." she smiled, bringing her thumb and index finger pinched together as she pretended to zip her lips. he looked at her with a bit of a confused look, she faced forward again. her hands were held behind her back while she walked and her posture was also unusually straight.

he actually asked one of his classmates during gym earlier what it meant if someone drastically changed their hairstyle so suddenly (this was a bit exaggerated but anyway), they responded with it being an 'incoming change' or 'moving on'.

whatever the fuck that meant.

now that he looked at it, she did seem like she was changing.

she was changing... but for what?

she just suddenly had braids on. what's the big deal?
(ur the only one making it that deep hoonie woonie patootie <3)

speaking of braids, when he scanned her hair all the way to the ends of her hair, he noticed that the hair tie wasn't on one of her braids anymore. the braid was getting loose and close to becoming undone.

he slowly brought his hand up to point at her hair, "kyu- uh, namkyu." he corrected himself, "your hair..."

she raised her eyebrows before looking at her right braid, taking a hold of it and staring at the end. "crap." she muttered under her breath. she then chuckled and just ran her fingers down the braid, undoing it completely.

he watched her as she did so, "i knew it wouldn't last all day." she said quietly, continuing to undo her braids, even the other one that was still fine. sunghoon's eyes were just glued onto her as they both walked, she looked surprisingly pretty while doing that...

not to mention, her hair was wavy now because of the braids. he's never pictured her with hair like that since she never bothered to put it down. the last time he saw her hair down was during figure skating and he remembered her mentioning how her hair down looks nicer and more elegant when skating.

he couldn't really see it at the time. probably because it would always get in her face...

but her hair was now fully down; he was surprised.

and he couldn't take her eyes off her.

namkyu felt him burning holes into her skin with his shameless stares, she felt a bit conscious and nervous. with that, she didn't bother to look back at him, just the floor.

"can you... stop staring?" she asked quietly while opening a door, making him widen his eyes in embarrassment before quickly facing forward. he was so busy looking at her that he didn't even realize she was opening one of the gym doors while the other was closed in front of him.

that led him into bumping into the door, she got startled, letting go of the door handle she was in the midst of opening.

"jesus!" she cursed, looking at him in shock, "...are you alright?" her hands were just slightly raised, not knowing what to do.