19: Outside Voice

There were several disadvantages to Taiya's body. He had outlined most of them already. 

But another was a metabolism. Somehow, he metabolized alcohol at a rate that was completely unfair and uneconomical. It wasn't just a line when he said he was expensive to get drunk. 

It just reminded him of his last trip to Korea and that drunk hookup he had. It had taken almost all night to get that drunk. 

Now, after consuming what would normally kill a man twice his size, the buzz was starting to wear off. 

Sighing, Taiya checked his phone. It had been buzzing almost nonstop for the past five seconds, and ignoring it had not made the problem go away. 

Crazy how that didn't always work. 

He took a look at the screen, shocked when he saw it was a phone call from Midoriya. It stopped before he could do anything though. Confused, Taiya went to text him or call him back, but once again before he could do anything Midoriya did something. 

'Midoriya Izuku shared his location with you'. 

Fuck. That was probably pretty bad, wasn't it?

Groaning, Taiya shelved his plans for the rest of the night and clicked 'directions'. Taking a deep breath, he prepared himself to sprint all the way there. Was it physically impossible? Maybe. Who cares? 

Midoriya burst into the alleyway, punching Stain square in the jaw. 

He realized that the news presenter he had heard earlier was right. 60% of the hero killer attacks took place in places without people, especially places with diversions, like the ongoing nomu attack. 

"Can you move?" He asked, casting a look over at Iida. "We need to get out of here, reach a main street and get help.". 

"I can't." His classmate gritted out from his place on the ground. "Ever since he cut me I've been unable to move my body. I think its his quirk.". 

'The tv presenter was right again.' Midoriya realized, horrified. He looked around the alley, his eyes landing on another pro hero, slumped in the corner and slowly bleeding out. This was bad. 

He might have been able to escape with just Iida, but he couldn't carry two people. He was glad he had tried to call Tachibana before. One of the social media platforms the class used notified you when you were close to other people, and Tachibana had been the closest. 

"Midoriya, don't get involved." Iida pleaded, "This is might fight-". His voice was hoarse, he was straining to even move his jaw. 

"What are you saying?" The green haired teen asked, his expression grim, "I'm not leaving you here.". 

"That's a good expression." Stain cut in, "But I have a duty to kill him.". He pointed to Iida with his sword, a murderous glint in his eyes. 

"As I see it, you're an obstacle. Its only natural for me to cut down every obstacle in my way.". He looked up at Midoriya as he said that, a shiver running down the hero student's spine. 

Iida saw his friend widen his stance and gasped. "I told you!" He shouted, "This has nothing to do with you! Run away!". 

Midoriya clenched his fists and fully shifted into a fighting stance. "Sometimes you have to meddle in places you don't belong to help people." He said firmly, parroting All Might. 

The boy jumped at the hero killer, faking him out by ducking around him when they got close enough to clash. He ended up nailing him in the back, barely avoiding one of the sharp blades.