1- Just the beginning

Soo .. this is my second attempt at this story because well.. I'll be honest I didn't like it. So here we go again. Now this story is going to be a lot heavier.. if that makes sense. Obviously italics are going to represent thoughts and memories.

Now will the thoughts and memories always be from the characters pov or the narrator? .. I don't know..    shut the fuck up.

Stop judging me.

____________________________

                 "Flinching in his sleep he drew his blanket closer as he heard the familiar frightening deep bass of his father's enraged voice. He was upset, he usually was but time his notorious anger wasn't directed at Nico. It was directed to the boy he recently welcomed into his home.

No time was wasted as his father introduced the boy to Nico as his brother. But it was strange that after 24 hours his father grew a deep hatred for the boy. It didn't make sense to Nico, the boy was more like his father than he was. Sure they both shared their father's eye color but the boy and their father had the same mannerisms, same sense of humor and they both got that same dark look in their eyes when they were upset.

The only difference was the lack of fear the boy had for his father. He didn't hold his tongue and when his father stared back into the boy's eyes. The boy didn't back down.

That was the problem.
""

A painful scream echoed through the hallways following a loud slam. Before Nico could think about it he was on his feet. With his bare feet against the wooden floor he shuffled through his dark room. Twisting the doorknob, pulling it open only to freeze at the sight before him.

"Get up!"

The voice rang through his ears just as the familiar jingle of metal was immediately followed by a painful whipping of leather on skin. On his hands and knees the boy shivered in pain as he kneeled against the dark wooden floor, blood dripping from his face and it could be seen soaking through the back of his shirt. Nico's father stood over the boy, his face twisted in enrage with the leather belt wrapped around one hand letting the buckle, sprinkled with blood dangle above the glossy, polished floor.

"You got me fucked up!"

His arm reached back and with a heavy snap whipped the boys back again. Nico instinctively flinched again as the boy cried out in pain again. Riddled with guilt Nico fought the urge to run to his brother's aid but the fear...

the fear kept him right where he was.

He had been in this place before, his father had beaten him several times, almost killing him on more than a few occasions. Since Nico was 4 years old his father did not hold back. But right now Nico could still tell his father was holding back on this boy.

" When I tell you to do something you do it! I'm not Kaleb and I'm not ya motha. You won't disrespect me! Now get up!" 

Shriveling the boy didn't move.

"Did you hear me boy?! Ya legs aren't broken, stand up! You aren't going to like it if I have to make you "

The boys shriveling became more severe and his hands curled into fists. Slowly and unsteadily he stood back straight almost reaching his father's height.  It was a part of their DNA, the children from this man were large and tall reaching five foot eight at the age of 14.

"This is why she left you" a low hate filled voice spat and his father grew still like the eye of a storm for just a moment.

A feeling of dread filled Nico's stomach as he watched his brother's idiotic bravery. His brother still shook unsteadily and twitching, no doubt from the painful non stop stinging from the welts and cuts on his back.