26- Smile

" There she is the beauty queen" Karina smiled as she strode over walking like a model hand in hand with Damon

Damon's wife Karina was a character, she was loud, expressive and the total opposite of Damon. The only personality trait they shared was that neither of them had any kind of filter, they spoke their minds. They were an acquired taste for most people but I found them utterly endearing. Over the years Karina became like a sister while Damon was no longer a stranger but a friend.

Releasing Damon's hand Karina grabbed ahold of mine raising it high above my head and spun me in a circle.

"Sexy, sexy. You always have to out do me" Karina taunted playfully. " I like it though, did Kaleb let you wear this?"

Before I could answer she turned to Kaleb. "You let her wear this?"

"I picked it out" Kaleb confirmed with a grin.

With her arched eyebrows lifted high Karina whipped her head towards Damon.

"Did you hear that? Are you learning?"

With a scoff Damon shook his head.

"Yeah I heard. But you want to walk around with your titties hanging out"- he gestured towards Karina's dress. It was a beautiful mauve colored silk, halter dress that fell to the floor. The cut in the front was low and Karina was flaunting her double D breasts.

"I'm not a grandmotha yet, I'm not going to dress like one"

Turning away from Damon, Karina smiled back at Kaleb jutting her thumb in Damon's direction.

"Help him"

Kaleb chuckled. "I will"

" K, Ellis and Johnathan have been looking for you all night. Come on" Damon motioned for Kaleb to follow. Kaleb's hand gently caressed my back before he walked away with Damon.

"And help your brother too" Karina spat after them before turning back towards me. With a sigh she lifted her hand pinching her fingers together not leaving a sliver of space in between.

"Cause I'm this close to beating his ass myself"

" What happened now?"

With a knowing look Karina motioned Angelica closer.

"Okay so Ellis and Monica show up and they're adorable as they usually are. But Ellis doesn't introduce Monica to anyone and you know me I ask him why is he acting like a douche because he was. He starts saying how Monica needs to not worry about this kind of stuff and no one really needs to who she is because she's just his wife-"

Angelica's mouth formed an o as I felt my eyes widen.

"Wow"

"What?"

"Monica doesn't say anything and she just walks off. And Ellis really has the audacity to be annoyed by it. He doesn't go after her or anything, it's like he doesn't care. I saw Moni outside a few minutes ago and she was crying and talking about leaving. I'm not a good comforter so I didn't know what to say"