37- Anger, Numbness and Broken Hearts pt 2

" What the fuck were you thinking?"

I shrugged as I heard another tiny clinking of glass against plastic. My shirt was off as I sat on the edge of the bathtub while Angelica picked the tiny shards of glass out of my back and arms. Then swiftly cleaned the skin.

" I don't know Ang.. I just had a realization that I've known them for years and I don't trust any of them. But I'm supposed to sit and smile like we're best friends."

"I know you're hurting Kaleb but they are your friends. And if any of them knows what you're feeling it's Marco. He lost a brother too and he's who you attack" she scoffed in disbelief as she began firmly wrapping my torso in long cotton bandages.

Impatiently I glanced back at her with my one good eye. I still had yet to put any ice on the swollen side of my face.

''Would you have preferred if I attacked Dom? Break some bones in his face again? Just like the good ol days?"

"That's not what I was saying at all. I'm just saying that they came together because they are your-"

"No.. they're not and I'm fucking sick of pretending."

Angelica sighed cutting the bandage then pinning it so it stayed in place. "Kaleb-"

"And you're really defending them" standing up I stepped out of the tub releasing a bitter chuckle. Angelica's eyes wandered over my body taking in the vast amount of ink and deep scars that I acquired over the years. Almost every inch of my body had become a canvas in one way or another.

"It doesn't really come as a surprise though" I added as her gaze stopped at a particular tattoo. Over the left side of my chest was a heart shaped list of names all intertwined together. It started with Mia, then Gabriel, Julian, Henry and Kamia.

My family.

Who I did this shit for.

Who I lived for.

Clearly her throat Angelica slowly looked back up into my face. With tired puffy red eyes and a deep frown on her face.

" Let me guess you're going to throw my infidelity in my face again" rolling her eyes Angelica threw her long hair over her shoulder as she began gathering all her supplies.

"You know you really know how to make someone not want to help you" she huffed shaking her head bitterly. I stared at her, Angelica had aged gracefully, beautifully blooming into who she was supposed to be for years. Her hair was long, and her dark eyes were still bright and full of mixed emotions as she stared back at me. I cared for Angelica regardless of our history, she was the mother of my son and she was a really good mother. A good woman to Dom, I couldn't understand why I didn't deserve that kind of loyalty.

"Would you ever be one of those people?"

Tossing the bloody wads of cotton into the trash Ang hesitated before meeting my gaze again"