33- Hollow

           .           

                        A grin came over my face as I pulled into the already crowded parking lot of Ace Barber. It was like a car show with rims shining in the sun and bass thumping softly enough that the surrounding businesses didn't complain. Sexy females with skin tones  ranging all of the way through the brown rainbow. They were glowing in the sun wearing shorts that cupped their asses and skirts that barely needed a breeze for a free viewing. Some sported long weaves or brightly colored head scarfs all talking and laughing together with a few slightly rocking to the bass coming from someones truck. Others were running their mouths as they scoped the competition. In summer time on a Friday this was the norm. Niggas were wearing fake jewelry, flexing in cars they didn't own and bitches were trying to get rescued or con some chump into playing step daddy.

Ace was the only barber shop I went to. It was located in Southside Dyvercity, not only was it conveniently located so that I could visit my family that lived out here. It was also a reminder for me to never forget my roots.

Climbing out of my truck I could feel at least a dozen sets of eyes watching my every moment. Niggas in the hood were nosey and the staring was expected but still I caught the gaze of every nosey motherfucker nearby and didn't close my door until they looked away. Aaron got out of the passenger seat just as Henry climbed out of the back. I had to bring him along, after Bodhi's comment about how Henry was getting "pretty" with his hair getting long, he needed an immediate cut.

As I headed towards the shop I couldn't help but shake the feeling in my gut. I felt myself stopping along the broken sidewalk and quickly I glanced around again as I nonchalantly pulled out my cell phone. When I caught the ugly expression on a unfamiliar face as they passed by me heading towards the back of the parking lot.

Something wasn't right.

"What is it?" Henry spat impatiently as he stepped into the shade.

"Stay here"

" What-"

"Aaron" I nodded for him to come with me while Henry stayed put.

Immediately Aaron and I headed towards the back of the parking lot where the girls swiftly began to flock. A light bright with long braids down her back grabbed ahold of Aaron's arm smiling up into Aaron's face. She could have passed for a white girl if it weren't for her thick lips and distinctive wide nose.

It was then I noticed a chocolate beauty watching me.  With a silk ponytail, dressed in bright African patterns she was stopping most dudes in their tracks but her eyes were glued to me. She was fine with slanted eyes and a body like a stripper but she didn't look at me with awe but with demands.

" You're so cute, you got a girlfriend?" Light bright asked cheekily biting into her bottom lip. Aaron hesitated but it wasn't from shyness but from we had noticed the same thing. The deeper into the parking lot the less welcomed we felt. I refused to get caught slipping because some thirsty bitch wanted to see how much money she could get from a white boy.