8

" Oh yeah this looks like fun" Imani muttered discouragingly as he gestured towards a crowd of people waiting in the hot sun to be directed to their seats

" Oh yeah this looks like fun" Imani muttered discouragingly as he gestured towards a crowd of people waiting in the hot sun to be directed to their seats. A woman looked around the large man who had been watching us since we entered. Her skin reminded me of snickerdoodle cookies and it contrasted against the rich red on her lips. A large pair of sunglasses hid most of her face but it was obvious that she was gorgeous. A bright smile stretched across her face. Stepping around her man my gaze fell to her hourglass figure that was too precise to be real.

It looked paid for but there wasn't a single heterosexual male here that could be mad at it.

She wrapped it in a long dress  that molded over her frame and mimicked the same rich red color on her lips. Long, silk like dark hair hung mid way down her back and the sunglasses were pushed up into it.

" Imani?!"

Imani let out a laugh and waved.

"Hey auntie!"

"Auntie??"

We both looked at Imani, cause it didn't make any sense. There was no way in hell this woman could have a nephew Imani's age. She had to be mid twenties at least, maybe Imani's dad had a sister he didn't know about. With the smile still on her face she whispered briefly to the man before making her way over to us. As she grew close her arms extended for a hug and Imani stepped forward as the woman hurried over extending her arms for a hug. Giddily the woman wrapped her arms around Imani's shoulders tightly.

When she pulled away my stomach tightened, her eyes were like something I never seen before. At least not in person, I've seen something resembling these green and gold orbs before on the walls of my home. 

" Look at you, looking like your daddy" she teased cupping his face. Imani frowned.

"If you're going insult me then insult me don't disguise it as a compliment"

"It is a compliment if your daddy wasn't handsome he never would have got your mama"

Imani pondered what she was saying for a moment before smirking.

"Okay you got a point and on another note Auntie these are my friends Aaron and Nico"

Aaron looked like he was ready to fall out as she smiled briefly at us.

"Oh hello, nice to meet you I'm-"

As the guy with a microphone began talking Imani's auntie turned away listening to the instruction before pulling Imani along. Everyone was filing into a seat. Surprisingly enough she didn't head towards the front but more towards the back and I was made the fool. The man that I noticed watching us was only one of about six. They stayed at a safe distance intentionally not trying to draw attention. They looked like they lived a hard life possibly ex military or something more intense. They didn't gawk or stare at the goddess they were supposed to be watching over. With their mannerisms and discipline I could have guessed that the goddess wasn't just some gangster's wife but she was a gangster herself.