15- Hot Water

Nick let out a little laugh

Nick let out a little laugh. " Let's say that one was a joke too.. but it depends"

"On?"

"What kind of favors are you asking for?"

" Well firstly you should know.. Julian was shot last night-"

Nick's eyes widened again. ".. What do you mean he was shot-" his face flooded with rage.

I nodded. " He took it to the shoulder, he's fine for the most part"

"Wasn't he with Nico and Imani last night?"

" Yeah.. Nico didn't tell you?"
.
" Nico didn't say shit and neither did Imani cause Marco would've told me"

Turning away from me Nick stormed over to the stairway.

"NICO!"

"WHAT!"

" GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!"

A few seconds passed before a loud slam and stomping could be heard. Nico ran down the stairs in nothing but a pair of plaid boxers. He looked at me confusedly before turning towards Nick. The boy was built almost identical to how Nick looked when we were teenagers except for the deep, old scars lingering across his torso, arms and a long wide one up his left leg.

Living a hard life.

Nick's gaze hardened.

"Why don't you have on clothes?"

"Why don't, you have on clothes?" Nico challenged narrowing his gaze.

One of Nick's eyebrows twitched and he shrugged nonchalantly.

"Touch'e"

"Nick focus" I interjected

Nick nodded before swiftly smacking Nico across the face so hard that the boy  should have fallen over or at least stumbled but he didn't even flinch. A dark look filled the boy's eyes as he stared silently back at Nick.

" You want to fuckin explain to me why is it that you failed to tell me about what happened last night?"

Nico's Adams apple bobbed as he gulped before shifting his dark gaze to me. Instinctively I fingered the blade to defend myself if this kid tried anything. There was a darkness about this boy, the kind of darkness that if you looked away you'd be dead before you met the pavement.

Nick grabbed ahold of Nico's, face.

"Don't look at her, I'm talking to you. Answer me"

Looking away from me Nico met Nick's gaze again.

"Henry and Julian wanted to party and there was a big one at Robbie's. So we went and everything was fine until the Gambini's showed up. From what Imani said they were talking their usual shit and we were ignoring them motha fuckas until one of em gets all sloppy drunk and falls over Julian spilling his drink and everything. They tried to calm him down but" with a sigh Nico pulled his face from Nick's grasp and shook his head.