13- "Men"

Mia Amato

" How much longer am I going to be kept waiting? Nick asked sarcastically with a chuckle.

He was outside the women's restroom door and with an uneasy deep breath I stared back at my reflection.

"10 minutes, we can do this for 10 minutes then Kaleb will be here. He said he would"

Yeah.. well Kaleb says a lot of things.

He said he would be there at least for Gabriel, he promised then he didn't even show up late.

" Mia" Nick barked impatiently and my stomach clenched involuntarily.

My reflection stared back at me angrily then her lips moved.

"You're an Amato that's a hazardous name all by itself and once it catches wind that a Lombardi is here, people are going to stop coming here because of Nick's reputation of turning any establishment into a massacre. It's bad for business and the longer you take to deal with it the longer he'll be there. At least get him out of the dining area until Kaleb gets here"

Stepping away from the mirror I pulled my phone back out and sent a quick message to Jamison.

Me- Need 2 sets of eyes on the third floor, Nicholas is here

Jamison- 3 mins

I didn't trust Nick, and I knew in my heart that the first chance he got he would hurt me. That was something that Nick could easily do in under 10 minutes.

Putting the phone back I clinched my purse and strode out of the bathroom.

Nick smiled with a sly expression.

"Done hiding?"

" Follow me" I strode past him and headed down the hallway towards the back of the restaurant where the second set of chairs that led to the upper floors were. The anxious clinching of my stomach stayed as I felt Nick's presence stayed close to me up both sets of stairs.

__________________________

Once in my office Nick comfortably sat in one of my leather arm chairs. Either of us spoke as I impatiently waited for Kaleb, Nick's eyes stayed on me.

Then Kaleb suddenly stepped through the door with Ellis, Zeus and Damien. The day was mostly over and a smile should have came over my face. But it was the polar opposite.

Ellis smiled grazing past me to meet Nick's gaze with a chuckle.

"You're one ballsy mother fucker Nick"

"More stupid than ballsy" Damien snapped impatiently as he leaned against the closed door. Without saying it, he was letting Nick know that he would have to get past him to get out if things got ugly. And Damien was no average man. Out of Kaleb's closest friends and lieutenants Damien was the only one I liked. I did not care for Zeus at all, he was a child in a grown man's body and a pervert. I knew this to be factual because in  the heat of the moment Kaleb and I were moving so quickly we didn't even close the door all the way. I was naked on top of Kaleb riding him when I caught the glimpse of someone standing in the doorway watching us have sex.

It was Zeus, he never apologized or even owned up to it.

I was more creeped out than mad whereas Kaleb was furious.

" Are you alright Mia?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

With my hands palms down I leaned back against my desk and with a subtle expression Damon smirked understanding completely.