Memories in Winter

Yi Ti, 284 AC

It had been roughly a year since Lyanna and her daughter escaped Westeros and found safety within the walls of the Imperial Palace, under the protection of the Emperor and his trusted friend and best warrior, Katsuhito. The empress gifted Lyanna with several kimonos, one of which was close to her family colors but also represented mourning in the Yi Tish traditions and Lyanna wore that one, to show that she was still in mourning for her father, brother, husband, sister-wife, and her children. Lyanna currently was standing by one of the open windows, watching as the snowflakes fell on the ground, it reminded her of home, yet at the same time...seeing snow in another place was....magical. "You see, Senya...white...the color of winter and House Stark." Lyanna told the small child who was busy looking from the window to the small baubles that hung near the two as Katsuhito walked over, a stern expression on his face. "White is the color of mourning as well. We mourn for the losses during winter especially since the night is dark and-," 

"And full of terror...I know that saying as well, my lord." Lyanna had not grown comfortable around the new people just yet...but if the Emperor's word was to be taken, then she could learn to trust Katsuhito in time as well. Little Visenya paid no mind to her mother and the strange man talking, her amethyst eyes shining as she followed the falling snow to the ground before stuffing her fist in her mouth to gnaw on. "It is said that in winter, many encounter a woman dressed in snow white colors or ice blue...Yuki Onna as she is known. She is neither evil nor good, if you show her respect, she will bless you with gifts but if you insult her, she will curse and kill you." Lyanna turned to the man as he talked about this....Yuki Onna. "She walks the woods in winter but you will know if you encounter her...she will either help if you are lost but slay if she senses you have wrong intentions." Katsuhito continued on while Visenya yawned and started to fall asleep in her mothers arms. 

"Is she...a wight? A White Walker?" Lyanna asked and Katsuhito shook his head, as he knew of the stories of the white walkers and wights from Westeros. "No...she is simply a spirit of winter. She comes with winter and leaves when spring comes. A trail of ice is often said to be the path she takes, leaving the ice behind." Katsuhito said as he turned and left, leaving Lyanna with little, sleeping Visenya in her arms as she went back to staring outside and now her thoughts turned to the winter spirit, Yuki Onna. Lyanna turned and put her daughter down on the makeshift bed and sat down, brushing the soft tuffs of hair from her daughter's head with a smile on her face. "Where the north wind...meets the sea. There's a river, full of memory, sleep my darling...safe and sound. For in this river, all is found. In her waters, deep and true, lie the answers and a path for you. Dive down deep into her sound, but not too far or you'll be drowned. Yes, she will sing to those who'll hear...and in her song, all magic flows. But can you brave what you most fear? Can you face what the river knows? Where the north winds meets the sea...there's a mother, full of memory. Come, my darling, homeward bound...When all is lost, then all is found." Lyanna sang softly the song that her mother had sung to her, not knowing that at the edge of the forest, a woman dressed in a snow white and ice blue kimono watched with a smile before she turned and left, leaving a trail of ice in her path.